Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 102,593
They are just speculating bro! And article itself says it's in Talks and no deal mentioned! And as I mentioned in earlier posts, if there was deal they would have filed for CCI approval. If CCI do not approve they cant go through with it! So no company would shut down channels unless they have to not because they are going to merge with some other network, if they are not sure if that would be approved or not.
I don't know you observed how the acquisition by Zee for 9x went down after being made deal Public. In this case even that is not done and you are speaking they started merging.
And about Sudhanshu Vats leaving, many people switch between companies, take Sanjay Gupta who was effectively running Disney India left for Google India after the closure of the deal. Its common for executives to swith.

So this is my logical explanation, after this also if you think its going on, its fine. I might be wrong on this! Imo we should stop talking that it's happening or happened. That's the thing I mentioned in the first post. I don't want to drag this much longer , its ur choice to mention the deal we last heard from business publishers some 6 months ago and not made any further progress to mention like it's happening.
Why ur getting so aggressive bro?? It's just a discussion that's it..

Why ur getting so aggressive bro?? It's just a discussion that's it..

Sorry bro! I just stated the facts and given my logical explanation over it! I don't know how that's offensive! I guess if u are offeneded by it then I'm truly sorry!

On launch of Sony liv updated version. It makes sign of possible calloff of deal.

On launch of Sony liv updated version. It makes sign of possible calloff of deal.

U r confusing merger with acquisition, in merger companies can have separate strategy for diff things while what benefit it brings is optimum use of resources .... a shared business plan can b crafted in certain places but that is depending on where or how both see value in jointly running it or one player has upper hand and other exits to divert resources in its stronghold (like mix exited to let mtv beats manage music biz of joint entity while in other genres both running chs separately with chance of sharing some content as situation demands)

U r confusing merger with acquisition, in merger companies can have separate strategy for diff things while what benefit it brings is optimum use of resources .... a shared business plan can b crafted in certain places but that is depending on where or how both see value in jointly running it or one player has upper hand and other exits to divert resources in its stronghold (like mix exited to let mtv beats manage music biz of joint entity while in other genres both running chs separately with chance of sharing some content as situation demands)
Sony has given dubbing rights to sun network. If this merge would have been successful. The resource would have flown at least small amount to Viacom 18

Sony has given dubbing rights to sun network. If this merge would have been successful. The resource would have flown at least small amount to Viacom 18

Buddy still old deals r in place, even colors cineplex airing rented library from star network ... It will take time for all things to b sorted. The Return Of Rebel hindi dubbed aired on Colors Cineplex which is part of Sony library. Also i guess sony did not give rights, regional rights r held by diff company... Sony itself gets hindi dubbed from goldmines

Buddy still old deals r in place, even colors cineplex airing rented library from star network ... It will take time for all things to b sorted. The Return Of Rebel hindi dubbed aired on Colors Cineplex which is part of Sony library. Also i guess sony did not give rights, regional rights r held by diff company... Sony itself gets hindi dubbed from goldmines
So this deal would outreach Sony and reliance rather than any help to viacom18. Or what will viacom18 benefit from this deal.?

In the current scenerio( covid) its very unlikely that deal will takes place....so its very baseless to discuss about it until nd unless we get news from reliable source

In the current scenerio( covid) its very unlikely that deal will takes place....so its very baseless to discuss about it until nd unless we get news from reliable source

Infact difficult situations like these accelerate the momentum for going ahead with such changes, companies look to have affordable investment and better ROI which merger brings

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock