Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 104,832
On GEC side they are going to have 3 strong channel which is bag for competitor we all know Star & Zee 2nd GEC is struggling. If Colors & Sony comes together including sab don't you feel Star & Zee will feel the heat? You can't ignore that. IN USA No company can own more than 1 Broadcast networks to avoid Monopoly. What is happening in india with 2 broadcasters.

Star is happy With their merger.
Sun may remain Independent since The Marans are Happy and have no other business beside multimedia.
Zee May Go to Star Or May join SPN - Viacom merger

Zee will never be part of it neither Times Network or Turner. Discovery seems possible because eventually A&E will join Star-Disney & BBC will exit or find a new partner.

On GEC side they are going to have 3 strong channel which is bag for competitor we all know Star & Zee 2nd GEC is struggling. If Colors & Sony comes together including sab don't you feel Star & Zee will feel the heat? You can't ignore that. IN USA No company can own more than 1 Broadcast networks to avoid Monopoly. What is happening in india with 2 broadcasters.
It could be unfair for other networks and I think the merger will not be approved by the government.

News is out.
Sony entertainment India completely merges itself with India's fastest growing entertainment company Viacom18. After getting final nod from ViacomCBS which owns 49% and thus becoming major share holder in jointly owned entity.
This would put viacom18 having 3 strategic partners or investors.
1. Viacomcbs - 49%
2. Sony ent. - 38% ( approx )
3. Reliance Corp - 13% ( approx )
However every one is eager to get final revised announcement on how consolidate has worked

No zee will not join any group. New media groups may enter. Zee might go have talks with sun

No zee will not join any group. New media groups may enter. Zee might go have talks with sun

I never SAID ZEE will merge with Star. WHAT I MEANT IT WILL BE UNFAIR TO OTHER NETWORKS as The merge entity of Sony-TV18 is bad for GEC. I don't have problems with any other assets. If they dissolve any of Channels of hindi language. It would be good. But really truth is truth they can't create a monopoly.

So if deal is Finalised then we will get to see The Kapil sharma show, KBC, Big boss, Indian idol, khatron ke khiladi, etc in one network. .
So finally we will get to see all the episodes of The Kapil Sharma show and Comedy night of Kapil in one network 😂😂??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock