Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 104,931
It could be unfair for other networks and I think the merger will not be approved by the government.
Unfair. No not really Zee being a Single Network has Loads of Channels while Star has Disney might. There must be formidable opposition to Disney. Colors News Business is not in the merger. So is Jio Studios and A+E networks. They should revamp Colors as Fiction Only Channel while keeping Sony for Nonfiction Content with only Crime Patrol being a so called fiction show while Colors should have all the serials

That's Cringy but damn entertaining
Sony has always treated IPL as an entertainment property and not as a sports property. I remember an interview of NP Singh where he reiterated this and he noted that Sony played a vital role in making cricket penetrate beyond male audience. It might have been due to non availability of an exclusive sports channel for Sony during ipl's launch.

Raj Nayak, former Chief Operating Officer, Viacom 18 tweeted: "Interesting: Sony to own 74 per cent after merger with Viacom 18; ready for duel with Disney Star."

As per reports, a merger of Sony Pictures Network and Viacom 18 is in the final stages and likely to be announced soon.

Sony to own 74% after merger with Viacom 18, to battle Disney Star

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock