Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 101,624
A&E is half owned by Disney so sooner or later FYI might come back (most likely as replacement of Fox Life) but i do not see it returning as a partnership with Viacom18.

Also AXN brand still owned by sony in most territories, they just sold asia ch to a diff company and they continue using established name guess under same agreement
A+E is not having any deal with viacom18
Tv18 and viacom18 are both separate. Sony deal has nothing to do with tv18

Clearly they have mentioned expansion of portfolio. Also regarding Sony BBC thing Sony merge is with viacom18 not tv18
No one expected that sonyespn will shut down but you know what it did. Why? Disney effect. FYI shutdown, History Tamil Shutdown now only History left it will shutdown too. Mark my words. Disney will never let use their brand with other broadcaster.
Coming to Sony BBC you haven't read my comment properly i said if this merge happen sony will get a big pie of hindi gec (i have problem with it as it's not fair with other broadcaster) as well as regional reach but infotainment NO! Never By the time A&E TV18 network partnership deal get over they will not renew it. Also if they do you can't make any theories that Any channel will come back or not. FYI has been shutdown unfortunately but it did.

If they have nothing in common why do colors pack include A&E channels. I know the difference between viacom 18 & tv18 but I'm talking about A&E thing

No one expected that sonyespn will shut down but you know what it did. Why? Disney effect. FYI shutdown, History Tamil Shutdown now only History left it will shutdown too. Mark my words. Disney will never let use their brand with other broadcaster.
Coming to Sony BBC you haven't read my comment properly i said if this merge happen sony will get a big pie of hindi gec (i have problem with it as it's not fair with other broadcaster) as well as regional reach but infotainment NO! Never By the time A&E TV18 network partnership deal get over they will not renew it. Also if they do you can't make any theories that Any channel will come back or not. FYI has been shutdown unfortunately but it did.
Disney owns A&E channels internatinally , neither it wants that A&E channels should be telecasted by another brand , nor it launches them to their own brand . If disney is not letting tv 18 to telecast History tv and fyi tv18 , then why it doesn't launches them to its own network in india ?

Even if one wants to see Fyi and History tv intl. shows , they aren't available in any OTT also , neither in Voot app , nor in Disney+Hotstar

If they have nothing in common why do colors pack include A&E channels. I know the difference between viacom 18 & tv18 but I'm talking about A&E thing
Tv18 has very few non news channel. To give wheaightage to pack they have included.

Even if one wants to see Fyi and History tv intl. shows , they aren't available in any OTT also , neither in Voot app , nor in Disney+Hotstar
Yes A+E network18 is just JV like viacom18. Although Viacom owns brands they have very less to do.

I meant TV18, they operate History channel as a partnership with A&E and FYI was also under same umbrella. I did not refer to sony, Viacom18 pact, all i said was A&E will soon align with Star/Disney. Even sharing of films between Viacom18 and Star will stop soon. Basically Star/Disney is main competitor of others and all the older arrangements r being changed accordingly. Who knows maybe Zee will have some sort of merger too in order to build a more robust entity to compete with other side

Tv18 has very few non news channel. To give wheaightage to pack they have included.

It is included bcoz parent organization is same,,they have created subsidiaries bcoz agreement is ongoing with diff companies and branding is done as per that. What i see in future is more quality chs from bbc, amc, discovery, comcast etc. launching here. Merger will help each broadcaster to work in their stronghold and create a diverse portfolio rather than older situation of too many chs competing against each other thus increasing content acquisition cost , excess bandwidth consumption and subscription bills for us too

Yes A+E network18 is just JV like viacom18. Although Viacom owns brands they have very less to do.

Well both have their key role, Viacom brings in major international content here and even packaging/presentation must b worked jointly. TV18 would play major role in tasks like distribution, local content creation, promotional activities, running/transmitting ch. Similarly investment into all these r done on joint basis... Use of viacom branding is not for mere building strong connect

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock