Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 101,424
Feel as a result of this deal most of Sony's post 90s bollywood films will b moved to Colors Cineplex Bollywood and Max2 will become classic bollywood channel

This deal was cancelled back in October. Reliance does not want to have anything to do with Sony. @dino29 bro, I know you are an optimist, but nothing can bring together Viacom18 and SPN any more.

Yes, i am an optimist but statements i make r based on facts or as things seem to me. All things currently pointing out to these 2 joining hands and few more partners soon joining alliance. Let's wait for what comes our way

Yes, i am an optimist but statements i make r based on facts or as things seem to me. All things currently pointing out to these 2 joining hands and few more partners soon joining alliance. Let's wait for what comes our way
The only way this can work is if viacomcbs and Sony merge at top level then Sony India + viacom18 would be a reality.
WSJ has hinted about possible merge of viacomcbs,Sony and lions gate to form a film studio Mammoth ( paramount , Columbia , Sony pics, Miramax, and lionsgate ) . Have to wait for it .

The only way this can work is if viacomcbs and Sony merge at top level then Sony India + viacom18 would be a reality.
WSJ has hinted about possible merge of viacomcbs,Sony and lions gate to form a film studio Mammoth ( paramount , Columbia , Sony pics, Miramax, and lionsgate ) . Have to wait for it .
If this happens in india only Zee, Etv, Sun network will be the indian channels which are owned&operated by indians

Now Zee and Viacom merger is in inital talks
Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd, the owner of the Colors general entertainment channel, and Subhash Chandra’s Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd are in initial talks for a potential merger that could create a large media firm with interests spanning broadcast, OTT, live entertainment and movie production, two people aware of the development said.

Now Zee and Viacom merger is in inital talks
Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd, the owner of the Colors general entertainment channel, and Subhash Chandra’s Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd are in initial talks for a potential merger that could create a large media firm with interests spanning broadcast, OTT, live entertainment and movie production, two people aware of the development said.
Reliance wants zee. Already anant ambani taking top position in zee was a sign of merge talks.

Can someone come up with a plan explaining how each party benefits from this merger, given that Zee and Viacom18 overlap in so many places, while SPN and Viacom18 were much more complementary and well-fitting?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock