• Can't miss popular channels/shows, have to continue with new prices

• Moving to OTT or DD Free Dish

• I don't watch any of these channels

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Broadcasters Waiting For Star Ka RIO

Once Star Does, Rest Will Do
Price hike is imminent and bouquets days will go as Star can't put its premium channels (Star plus and Star sports) in Rs.12 bracket.

Last edited:
Price hike is imminent and bouquets days will go as Star can't put its premium channels (Star plus and Star sports) in Rs.12 bracket.
Exactly bro

I think Star Gold SD @Rs 12
And Star Gold HD Will be Out of Bouquet (Rs 20 Expected)

Same way
Star Gold 2 Will be Rs 4/5
Star Gold 2 HD (Rs 10)

If I m not Wrong

These content owners knows that they can sell their content via OTT as well so they are not too much worried by DTH section, as here mainly loosers are DTH companies. But best way is now just change ur habit and watch your shows just one day later on OTT and it will be free then. Only prime and hotstar should be purchased and youtube, mxplayer and jiocinema are there free among others!!!

Traditional TV subscriber base is much more than OTT, broadcasters cannot depend majorly on OTT for showing or selling content. Actually they r worried about distribution of chs on DTH or Cable TV but at same time want policies which suit them hence implementing NTO in a way which is not attractive and hoping that due to subscriber complaints TRAI will make changes as per their liking

i think all broadcasters will follow this route as SUN NXT OTT was already increased price from Rs.499 to Rs.799
True but my biggest concern is star other than that I have no issues I won't watch much on Sun network

Exactly bro

I think Star Gold SD @Rs 12
And Star Gold HD Will be Out of Bouquet (Rs 20 Expected)

Same way
Star Gold 2 Will be Rs 4/5
Star Gold 2 HD (Rs 10)

If I m not Wrong
At Current
Star Gold SD Is 8
Star Gold HD 10
Star Gold 2 SD 1
So We Can Expect Movies Channel From Star should Be Under 12

Broadcaster Bouquets
FWcSeyr.jpg
They have only 1 Marathi channel so i dont take this pack which consists unwanted channels, only subscribe Sony Marathi which costs ₹4 & add Sony Ten 3 sometimes.

@Vadirocks bro with the new RIO from star will be announced soon will they include upcoming pending channels launch also in the list :huh: :surprised:

Tbh everyone will subscribe those important channels (star plus, zeetv, colors, sony, sab tv etc) no matter how much we crib about it here bcz at the end of the day our elders will force to subscribe those channels along with our own regional important channels

Lower niche channels will face the wrath of NTO 2.0 as consumers will be forced to get main important channels so in the process they will drop those lower niche channels (even if they cost very low)

Those so many unnecessary movie channels will also get shutdown within no time as most of people will not subscribe bouquet if Main GECs will be out of it & no one will subscribe them on ala carte basis

Mark my word everyone will subscribe main hindi GEC channels (in north market) no matter what happens

During NTO 1.0 also everybody said that broadcasters will feel heat but what happened after that??

Lot of difference in NTO 1.0 and NTO 2.0. Earlier people got favourite chs in bouquet at quite a discount but now that is not the case.... Subscribers will definitely feel the pinch and opt for less chs. Broadcasters will never let important chs in various other genres to shut down and won't be happy with just GEC channels subscribed by most people.... They need diverse bouquet for various reasons.

What will happen is if subscribers take wise call then broadcasters will have to tweak pricing in few months. Actually this high pricing of important chs may also be a tactic to test if such a model can work where max subscription revenue can b generated by these chs which carry important content while other chs where content is not so strong thus not many people inclined to opt for it can b priced lower to increase subscription. All in all its a balancing act where they want set amount of subscription fee guaranteed in a month and are unsure if pricing all chs affordably can make that possible.

By the way in NTO 1.0 too certain chs felt the heat and broadcasters had to shut it down, now that risk will further spread to other chs if broadcasters do not correct price and hence i feel they will make appropriate amendments very soon

Iknw they are very low in Top 10 positions but what iam saying is it will not effect their urban GRPs very much .... They will maintain this kind of GRPs also in future

It will have less effect for chs like Star Plus which have a dedicated audience base but likely to impact sony or zee where that may not b the case. Also it will surely impact ratings at some level, some dedicated viewers will also opt for, other switching viewers will opt for chs only when fav content is aired and new viewers will not feel interested to take these chs. Overall subscription base may not grow or shrink and have effect on revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock