How will you adapt to these prices?

• Dropping >Rs 12 channels

• Can't miss popular channels/shows, have to continue with new prices

• Moving to OTT or DD Free Dish

• I don't watch any of these channels

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Sony's prices are quite expensive but this is a simple math which you guys all can do
Sony Liv + Hotstar + Zee5 + Prime Video + Voot + Sun Nxt + JioTV = 4000-4100
My cable bill was coming almost 6000 a year.
I save 2000 rupees on my Cable because of OTT.
For those who only watch SPN channels and don't want to pay much JioTV is the better option.
I watch SPN channels through liv.

In my opinion Sony's prices are quite expensive but this is a simple math which you guys all can do
Sony Liv + Hotstar + Zee5 + Prime Video + Voot + Sun Nxt + JioTV = 4000-4100
But Rs 4000-4100 + how Much money we should pay for High speed internet Plan, If you watch Content in HD/4K you need minimum 5 GB per hour:unsure:
For those who only watch SPN channels and don't want to pay much JioTV is the better option.
I watch SPN channels through liv.
One day Once again so called indian Telecom / Broadband Companies definitely increase Data Plan Price like Internet in UAE

But Rs 4000-4100 + how Much money we should pay for High speed internet Plan, If you watch Content in HD/4K you need minimum 5 GB per hour:unsure:

One day Once again so called indian Telecom / Broadband Companies definitely increase Data Plan Price like Internet in UAE
Internet Broadband Connection costed me 4000 for 6 months. Plus the deposit.

I request live cricket audience to buy DDFD box. Then star will see star at noon.

Another option is "govt should launch -har ghar freedish yojana" on pattern of led bulb scheme. govt should provide made in india Mpeg4 DDFD box at 500rs or lesser
TVs nowadays come with DVT 2 terrestrial digital tuners. There are some easy diy antenna videos in youtube (cable wire round, popular one)

TVs nowadays come with DVT 2 terrestrial digital tuners. There are some easy diy antenna videos in youtube (cable wire round, popular one)
DTT based on DVB-T2 available in only 16 cities and govt seems to have shelved DTT expansion plan to utilise that spectrum for 5G services. So as of now DTT situation doesn't look good as govt promoting freedish.

Last edited:
Now only driver channels will be bought by consumer .....They will be forced to bring channel prices to Rs 12 if they want to sell bouquet

Now only driver channels will be bought by consumer .....They will be forced to bring channel prices to Rs 12 if they want to sell bouquet
Now a days, Broadcasters cant reduce their premium channel price, even their OTT prices also hiked recently for TV viewing like Hotstar from Rs.399 to Rs.899, Sony Liv from Rs.599 to Rs.999 and Sun Nxt from Rs.480 to Rs.799 etc.

Last edited:
Would like to add something. Sony itself pushes viewers like me to OTT platforms. There is no proper repeat time given to KBC. They know that it is airing in the middle of the biggest sporting events of the years. They decided to air it either at prime time or repeat is at 11 am. Dunno anyone who enjoys watching tv at 11 am. Another show I watch on tv The Kapil Sharma Show which never starts on time. Meanwhile I am forced to buy SD channel to watch the show it piggybacks an entire channel on which is Taraak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma. I am big fan of their sporting properties. Would continue paying ₹50 for WWE, UFC, Cricket, Football etc. GECs is not worth subscribing. Let's not even start with the movie channels. They waste their library. Most niche movies comes post midnight. Their pricing here is a joke. Even Cineplex channels are more entertaining than Max HD. ₹19 is not justified for all the dubbed nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock