How will you adapt to these prices?

• Dropping >Rs 12 channels

• Can't miss popular channels/shows, have to continue with new prices

• Moving to OTT or DD Free Dish

• I don't watch any of these channels

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony and Sab all programme are struggling to get good rating,how confidently they are increasing price,Zee is struggling and condition is even worst in BARC ratings,it is just a temporary rates for them,if they are unable to improve programming they are bound to come to Rs 12 as SD channel rates in 6 to 8 months

Last edited:
Not fault of TRAI / NTO 2.0, rather broadcasters r deliberately designing RIO in a way that subscribers pay more. If they can give channels / bouquet at low price in pre NTO days then same can b done now. Broadcasters r unwilling to accept new changes in positive
manner which would have given subscribers freedom to chose channels at affordable prices, they r complying with rules in such a manner that is not only making choice difficult & unattractive for subscribers but trying to present a picture that bcoz of NTO prices have gone up which will eventually lead to viewers complaining about this.

Viewers should stand united and not opt for high price channels which will make broadcasters alter their strategy. Rules r good but there is unwillingness to adopt it in proper way. Old system suited broadcasters for various reasons and they want it back but as a viewer i do not want that back

Infact broadcasters should welcome NTO 2.0, price bouquet/channels in a way that more people feel inclined to opt for maximum channels, they should b confident about their content. In India Pay TV business model is mostly ad revenue driven and pricing chs less will help in reaching out to wider audience. Somewhere i feel broadcasters want earlier rules bcoz it gave them option to enter long term agreement with operators thereby getting advance money but we as user were pushed with unnecessary channels and little choice to opt for select channels at affordable price , under NTO 2.0 rules they r not sure if subscribers will opt for some of these channels at lower monthly prices for a prolonged period thus finding ways to somehow make NTO be cancelled or changed as per their liking

Last edited:
The way they are going I won't be surprised if they start charging 100₹ per month per channel in upcoming 5 years .
Already OTT platforms are gaining more and more subscribers and instead of attracting and retaining these subscribers they are pushing them away .

Just Subscribed Zee5 And I Have Hotstar Already + All Indian Show's And Serial Are Free After Telecast On TV Time To Unsubscribe Sony HD Zee Marathi HD
The way they are going I won't be surprised if they start charging 100₹ per month per channel in upcoming 5 years .
Already OTT platforms are gaining more and more subscribers and instead of attracting and retaining these subscribers they are pushing them away .

Current and post NTO 2.0 comparison
Eba4sun.png

Sony Pictures Network publishes new RIO complying with NTO 2.0; prices hiked up to Rs 30 - DreamDTH

These content owners knows that they can sell their content via OTT as well so they are not too much worried by DTH section, as here mainly loosers are DTH companies. But best way is now just change ur habit and watch your shows just one day later on OTT and it will be free then. Only prime and hotstar should be purchased and youtube, mxplayer and jiocinema are there free among others!!!

It's just a threatening by Sony to indirectly stop the implementation of NTO2 by supreme court. Supreme court must pass this NTO2.0 and after 1 or 2 months, these high paid channels goes to disaster stage and then keep their prices less than Rs. 12

Ambani should encash this moment by offering Free Channels in all pan India with premium content. Just like Jio.. ✌️

Jio Kannada HD, Jio Hindi HD, Jio Marati HD, Jio Telugu HD etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock