How will you adapt to these prices?

• Dropping >Rs 12 channels

• Can't miss popular channels/shows, have to continue with new prices

• Moving to OTT or DD Free Dish

• I don't watch any of these channels

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh everyone will subscribe those important channels (star plus, zeetv, colors, sony, sab tv etc) no matter how much we crib about it here bcz at the end of the day our elders will force to subscribe those channels along with our own regional important channels

Lower niche channels will face the wrath of NTO 2.0 as consumers will be forced to get main important channels so in the process they will drop those lower niche channels (even if they cost very low)

Those so many unnecessary movie channels will also get shutdown within no time as most of people will not subscribe bouquet if Main GECs will be out of it & no one will subscribe them on ala carte basis

Mark my word everyone will subscribe main hindi GEC channels (in north market) no matter what happens

During NTO 1.0 also everybody said that broadcasters will feel heat but what happened after that??

Tbh everyone will subscribe those important channels (star plus, zeetv, colors, sony, sab tv etc) no matter how much we crib about it here bcz at the end of the day our elders will force to subscribe those channels along with our own regional important channels

Lower niche channels will face the wrath of NTO 2.0 as consumers will be forced to get main important channels so in the process they will drop those lower niche channels (even if they cost very low)

Those so many unnecessary movie channels will also get shutdown within no time as most of people will not subscribe bouquet if Main GECs will be out of it & no one will subscribe them on ala carte basis

Mark my word everyone will subscribe main hindi GEC channels (in north market) no matter what happens

During NTO 1.0 also everybody said that broadcasters will feel heat but what happened after that??
Marked. And it will flop. Last time bills went from ₹200 - ₹300 to ₹400 - ₹500. Not ₹700 - ₹800. People now will buy one one or two GECs and depend on FTA channels for rest of the time.

Where is Sony and Zee in top 10 channels last week,in over confidence and teach TRAI a lesson they are doing it Discussion - Week 40 2021 | BARC Ratings

Dunno what to vote for as I only watch SET for KBC and The Kapil Sharma Show which doesn't air throughout the year. I can just watch these on Sony Liv for free next day. I can also pay a subscription for as low as ₹199 to watch simultaneously. There is occassional live cricket and WWE. Sometimes football and UFC. My bill will still stay around ₹270. And all news channels barely cost ₹25. It's those who watch Star Plus, Zee, Colors, Sun etc. are likely to be affected.

Marked. And it will flop. Last time bills went from ₹200 - ₹300 to ₹400 - ₹500. Not ₹700 - ₹800. People now will buy one one or two GECs and depend on FTA channels for rest of the time.
They will drop other useless channels for main GECs
Tbh no one really watches FTA in urban area on paydish (BARC data clearly shows it) so i dont think they will depend FTAs for rest of time

Bill will not go up to 700-800 if you chose only Main GECs along with few channels who you watches frequently

Meanwhile who will likely face the heat for this broadcasters or TRAI?

They will drop other useless channels for main GECs
Tbh no one really watches FTA in urban area on paydish (BARC data clearly shows it) so i dont think they will depend FTAs for rest of time

Bill will not go up to 700-800 if you chose only Main GECs along with few channels who you watches frequently
All Main GECs will cost around ₹200. NCF wil cost ₹150.

All Main GECs will cost around ₹200. NCF wil cost ₹150.
Everybody will not subscribe every main GEC they will subscribe only those GECs which they watches everyday

Like here in our home my mom watches star plus/star pravah , my sister watches sony & dad watches news channels nd i watch sony sab/hungama so i will subscribe those channels only nd it will not affect much to our bills as in anyway we hadnt subscribed colors/zee pack after NTO 1.0

So we will also drop those movie channels which we dont watch at all

Thats why iam saying we will be forced to subscribe main GECs nd it will affect other secondary channels

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom