SONY SIX bags rights for Australian Open from 2015-19

• Thread starter rohank3
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 5,262
Navneet Mishra said:
Nobody knew that nimbus would be reduced to ashes when they had BCCI rights. Once India started performing badly they began to loose money & eventually ended giving up the rights. Same was with Sony. Once India were knocked out in group stages in the 2007 World Cup, they lost heavily and didn't renew their World Cup telecast rights. Star has invested a huge sum of money in cricket. They are sidelining other sports. If India perform badly again, Star Sports network will be demolished. Its not the same network when ESPN was part of the alliance. Back then they gave equal preferrence to other sports as well. But now its just cricket.

That means all depends on Indian triumph in international matches. I think thats why Star is heavily charging sports with cricket fever.
It may also depends on Dhoni's luck factor as its said that Dhoni's luck factor is all thats driving Indian cricket & thus SS future....;)

Navneet Mishra said:
nimbus should better shut down sports broadcasting business in India. They are over priced and after losing ACC & NZC rights they have nothing to show.

I think conditions are good for consolidation if some other player like Sony takes over/merges its sports business with Neo. May be some international player want to takeover Neo to expand its footprints in India.

Navneet Mishra said:
Nobody knew that nimbus would be reduced to ashes when they had BCCI rights. Once India started performing badly they began to loose money & eventually ended giving up the rights. Same was with Sony. Once India were knocked out in group stages in the 2007 World Cup, they lost heavily and didn't renew their World Cup telecast rights. Star has invested a huge sum of money in cricket. They are sidelining other sports. If India perform badly again, Star Sports network will be demolished. Its not the same network when ESPN was part of the alliance. Back then they gave equal preferrence to other sports as well. But now its just cricket.

Hey bro Now ESPN is not the part of star:u:u:u

Navneet Mishra said:

No brother Luck is with Star. Look what happened on last few months. First India win World cup 2011 also in India(Big ad revenue). I think most revenue came from India Vs Pak semi-final, then champions trophy(2013) win in England then lots of Home series win in India where Star is the Broadcaster. So star has earned huge money from these series. So they can definitely bear some loss. So it's clear why they choose MS Dhoni and the word "Believe" as slogan. They Believe the luck of Dhoni. :tup

So no chance of sony or Zee as of now.

dipayan said:
No brother Luck is with Star. Look what happened on last few months. First India win World cup 2011 also in India(Big ad revenue). I think most revenue came from India Vs Pak semi-final, then champions trophy(2013) win in England then lots of Home series win in India where Star is the Broadcaster. So star has earned huge money from these series. So they can definitely bear some loss. So it's clear why they choose MS Dhoni and the word "Believe" as slogan. They Believe the luck of Dhoni. :tup

So no chance of sony or Zee as of now.
You are right dipayan bro.Luck is with Star.India have won all the home series previous year and that too by margins.Also in the upcoming star is going to earn lot of revenue with Asia Cup 2014,ICC World Twenty20 2014,India tour of england to be played in the next upcoming months.

i have no problems with star broadcasting sh#tty cricket programs all day but i just want them to air all the major live games from epl, la liga and serie a. It just pisses me off when I see perfect pujara or swinging shami instead of a live football game.

Navneet Mishra said:
i have no problems with star broadcasting sh#tty cricket programs all day but i just want them to air all the major live games from epl, la liga and serie a. It just pisses me off when I see perfect pujara or swinging shami instead of a live football game.
Basil Ak said:
You are right dipayan bro.Luck is with Star.India have won all the home series previous year and that too by margins.Also in the upcoming star is going to earn lot of revenue with Asia Cup 2014,ICC World Twenty20 2014,India tour of england to be played in the next upcoming months.

Its all about money, so if they see lot of money coming from cricket then they are definitely going to raise their stake in cricket. It all depends on Dhoni's luck....
It will be interesting to see how many days Dhoni's luck will prove to be fortunate enough for Indian cricket & thus to to Star...;)

Good rights for Sony.I think they should try their best to get more rights and rights.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock