SONY SIX bags rights for Australian Open from 2015-19

• Thread starter rohank3
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 5,264
Really bad move by Six they must have tried to grab some Cricket or Football rights rather than tennis bcuz they already have NBA rights which also start at early mornings which many peoples in india are not keen to watch. Now here Sony should try to grab some rights from Star like Spanish la liga and Seria a league from Star India bcuz now a days Star India is really disappointing football fans in india.

The Australian Open will be Sony SIX’s first entry into broadcasting Tennis Majors, having shown select ATP tournaments earlier.

I'm very happy that Star lost Australian Open. Let them suck cricket & rot in hell. They will meet the same fate as Nimbus few years ago. Hope they loose wimbledon, EPL & La Liga rights in the coming days.

Star will never end -up like Nimbus !!!:no
Also in a manner Neo is losing right, i won't be surprised if they ended up losing French Open & Bundesliga !!!:lol
I believe Star will go for French as it suits more with Indian timing along with Wimbledon that would fetch better revenue then Australian open (Early morning start, office timings apart from weekend) and US open (Runs through Mid-night)..... Bundesliga should be picked by Six as they need Soccer desperately !!!

They lost BWF (badminton) rights too to star sports..it's time to shut down their channels

Duke said:
Star will never end -up like Nimbus !!!:no
Also in a manner Neo is losing right, i won't be surprised if they ended up losing French Open & Bundesliga !!!:lol
I believe Star will go for French as it suits more with Indian timing along with Wimbledon that would fetch better revenue then Australian open (Early morning start, office timings apart from weekend) and US open (Runs through Mid-night)..... Bundesliga should be picked by Six as they need Soccer desperately !!!
You are right Duke bro.Star will never end up like Nimbus.

Basil Ak said:
You are right Duke bro.Star will never end up like Nimbus.

Nobody knew that nimbus would be reduced to ashes when they had BCCI rights. Once India started performing badly they began to loose money & eventually ended giving up the rights. Same was with Sony. Once India were knocked out in group stages in the 2007 World Cup, they lost heavily and didn't renew their World Cup telecast rights. Star has invested a huge sum of money in cricket. They are sidelining other sports. If India perform badly again, Star Sports network will be demolished. Its not the same network when ESPN was part of the alliance. Back then they gave equal preferrence to other sports as well. But now its just cricket.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock