Sony Sports bags New Zealand Cricket rights

The first International matches I've ever watched on SET Max were India's matches against New Zealand. I just watched for the novelty of getting to watch night matches live at noon. That was an unique experience. It was during school days. Sony Six wasn't even a thing back than.

Excellent news , Sony bought NZC rights, this is expected after Sony lost Aus home matches, and also Sports 18 entry into sports gives real competitioin now.
Hope this continues and WI BAN cricket teams are decent nowadays and some one will go for their rights

"SPNI’s digital rights in India will be co-exclusive with Amazon Prime for the 2024-25 and 2025-26 seasons."
As per cricbuzz, Currently, international cricket in New Zealand is broadcast in India through Amazon Prime whose deal ends this summer
So Sony signed new deal, and for digital stream Sonyliv will telecast the matches not Amazon

As per cricbuzz, Currently, international cricket in New Zealand is broadcast in India through Amazon Prime whose deal ends this summer
So Sony signed new deal, and for digital stream Sonyliv will telecast the matches not Amazon
That could be an error. The Amazon deal is valid till 2026 as per several reports. Amazon couldn't market it on linear TV and there was a huge void. Then Sony came into the picture which is a win-win situation for both Amazon and Sony. Cricbuzz in the same article says that the streaming rights of events till 2026 will be shared with Amazon. The period matches with the period of earlier deal. Definitely, there is a restructure of the rights cycle. Also, there's nothing wrong in saying Sony LIV would telecast matches till 2031 as Sony can be considered as the major official partner now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock