Breaking Sony to revamp its Sports Network and to rename TEN Channels as Sony TEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think if they rename Sony six1,2,3,4,5 then just imagine how it will sound Sony six6

ESPN has equal stake in SPNI's sports arm. And N P Singh also said once that all future sports channels from SPNI will be named in series of Sony ESPN. So, it is very likely that all of them will be renamed as Sony ESPN 1,2,3 and so on with better logo.

i didn't know from where u got this.. "ESPN has equal stake in SPNI's sports arm". "ESPN has equal stake in Sony ESPN" That's true. Sony Six was launched in 2012 and ESPN started its talks with Sony in last quarter of 2015 and Sony ESPN was launched in 2016. It was then replaced by Sony KIX.

Sony Six is fully owned and operated by Sony Pictures Networks. That means 100% stake lies with SPN.
Whereas Sony ESPN is a joint venture of SPN and International Sports giant ESPN. 50% of the stake lies with ESPN and other 50% lies with SPN.

Just like Sony BBC Earth is a joint venture of SPN & BBC World Wide.

These two channels (TEN 2HD TEN 3HD) may launch on June 19. Let's wait & watch

Sony Sports 1,2,3... would be better like sky sports 1,2,3

Also I think they will remove ten word and instead use sony. As the word ten was used by ten network and by zee i don't think sony will use that word

Sony Pictures Networks to rebrand Ten Sports channels

This link says it might be renamed using sony espn brandname

These two channels (TEN 2HD TEN 3HD) may launch on June 19. Let's wait & watch

source that the channels are launching on june 19

Last edited:
These are few of the concepts I made for Sony's sports network rebrand.
sony.png

I would like to see four channels (2 HD and 2 SD) each in the current trademarks it owns; like this:
Sony Six 1 - Rebranded from Sony Six
Sony Six 2
- Rebranded from Ten 3
Sony Six 1 HD
- Rebranded from Sony Six HD
Sony Six 2 HD
- New Channel (using Ten 2 HD License)
Sony Ten 1 - Rebranded from Ten 1
Sony Ten 2
- Rebranded from Ten 2
Sony Ten 1 HD
- Rebranded from Ten 1 HD
Sony Ten 2 HD
- Rebranded from Ten Golf HD
Sony ESPN 1
- Rebranded from Sony ESPN
Sony ESPN 2
- New Channel (using Sony Six 2 License)
Sony ESPN 1 HD - Rebranded from Sony ESPN HD
Sony ESPN 2 HD
- New Channel (using Ten 3 HD License)

Last edited:
I Got Confirmatory Updates now: Sony is going to Convert one of Ten Sports Channels into Hindi Sports channel ALSO there will be another Dedicated Fight channel.

already they are going on in that way bro. India tour of WI is LIVE in English on Sony Six & HD in Hindi on Ten 1 & Ten 1 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock