SpaceX is now eyeing a possible fifth SES-9 launch attempt on Friday

• Thread starter jayanji
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 81
  • Views: Views 14,353
RE: SpaceX targeting Feb. 24 Falcon 9 launch of SES-9

Wow great news :eek:hya:eek:hya Soon its a party time for all adtv users including me :eek:hya

I don't see it is a party for us as without DOS nod they can't use it. You can say we are getting a backup satellite.

They ll get d clearances... when they need to :k

The Falcon 9’s launch window February 24 opens at 23:46 GMT (Feb 25 05:17 IST). SES-9 will use a chemical bi-propellant apogee motor to quickly achieve a 24h synchronous orbit and then electric propulsion to circularise the final orbit and to remove eccentricity at 36,000 kilometers over the equator. Subsequent on-orbit maneuvers will be executed with electric propulsion.

SES said the modification to the launch will allow SES 9 to still enter service as soon as July, in roughly the same timeframe it expected to begin broadcasting television programming had the satellite launched late a year ago. That mission also marked the rocket’s first successful landing. The landing experiments are geared toward demonstrating the Falcon 9’s reusability, an objective long sought by SpaceX, which hopes to drastically reduce the cost of space transportation.

I think we have to wait till August for getting new channels as it will take minimum 1 month to stabilize the satellite & clearing in-orbit-testing of payloads.

abhinaba said:
I think we have to wait till August for getting new channels as it will take minimum 1 month to stabilize the satellite & clearing in-orbit-testing of payloads.

In d article its written...... to enter service in July.

So everything will be done by june.... and service/chnls wud start in july. :k

Il5p41B.jpg

Tonight's Falcon 9 launch has been delayed to Thursday night at 6:46 p.m. EST (2346 GMT). The weather calls for an 80 percent chance of favorable weather, with the only concern being with ground winds at Cape Canaveral.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock