Spellings on Tv screen.

nambbus

Contributor
Reaction score
While watching some TV channels there comes some spellings like HMGJKLQRQ.. etc., in regular interval of time. What is that?. Any Stb software bug?. Please help experts.

no its not any bug.... its called "STB Fingerprinting"

Every STB and View Card will have a unique Fingerprinting which will be displayed on your tv screen time to time..

mmadhankumar said:
no its not any bug.... its called "STB Fingerprinting"

Every STB and View Card will have a unique Fingerprinting which will be displayed on your tv screen time to time..

What is that for?

Finger printing is a facility whereby a STB, when commanded from the headend, outputs its unique identity (such as its serial number) on to the screen of the TV to which it is connected. Finger printing is an effective anti piracy measure.
An unscrupulous last mile operator may install a bank of STB, each outputting unscrambling video and audio signals of various pay channels. These signals could then be re-modulated and fed out as a pirated, unscrambled bouquet. The Master Headend can, in such cases, activate finger printing and identify each of the errant STBs on the pirate network and shut them off.

Got these details from an article.

Sent from my GT-I9500

This finger printing is irritating. My dishtv STB displays VC no. every 10 secs on almost all channels except FTA...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock