Good News SPN Celebrating 4 Year's of SONY YAY

The only part I hated about Animax were dubs made by Animax be it English, SEA languages or Hindi.. Dubs investment were so poor by Sony. That there was no variety in voice acting. Voice actor of Natsu did role for Naruto, Idaten Jump etc same cast again and again, their English also wasn't good. Luckily Animax Asia used to take users feedback and they replaced those dubs with proper US dubs made by Viz, Funimation etc...
May be for Hindi dub they outsourced Hindi dubbing studio still it wasn't that bad , it was manageable overall. funnily Natsu of Animax English dub voice sound was similar to Ash Ketchum's English dub voice . frankly for me English dub didn't sounded that bad may be my English wasn't that good but it made me understand the dialogues better.

May be for Hindi dub they outsourced Hindi dubbing studio still it wasn't that bad , it was manageable overall. funnily Natsu of Animax English dub voice sound was similar to Ash Ketchum's English dub voice . frankly for me English dub didn't sounded that bad may be my English wasn't that good but it made me understand the dialogues better.
Compared to dubs of Cartoon Network, it was terrible. Maybe you loved it because those dubs were made by Filipinos and Aussies living in Hong Kong studying in university..
I still remember my friend Mark De Cruzman used to complain on Animax forums regarding bad quality of dubs and made them to replace 😂😂.

Hope Sony Yay gets shutdown. Animax Daisuki ❤️❤️❤️
well even most animated /Anime series & Sony India fans would have preferred it sadly there are people working there in this covid sad time . The very least I hope Sony yay rebrands or starts includes more kids anime series in future . good thing is they added obcchama kun though nt that good its a small start , Sony does own Crunchyroll & funimation they could air their Crunchyroll anime series after editing it and dubbing it with various audios. even indirectly Sony India acknowledged kids anime series popularity among kids that is one of the reasons why they decided to include obocchama kun a kids anime series in yay.

Bhaalu ye bindaas hai originally - character name is Backom , his show name in English was Bernard the polar bear , surprisingly he is indirectly an Animax connection in Sony Yay as some years back Animax India used to air Backom , which is still aired in sony yay though with dub or title changed.

Last edited:
well even most animated /Anime series & Sony India fans would have preferred it sadly there are people working there in this covid sad time . The very least I hope Sony yay rebrands or starts includes more kids anime series in future . good thing is they added obcchama kun though nt that good its a small start , Sony does own Crunchyroll & funimation they could air their Crunchyroll anime series after editing it and dubbing it with various audios. even indirectly Sony India acknowledged kids anime series popularity among kids that is one of the reasons why they decided to include obocchama kun a kids anime series in yay.
Sony don't own Crunchyroll yet.. As there is opposition from Justice department, who's investigating regarding merger..

Sony owns Aniplex, Funimation, Wakanim and Anime Lab..
Aniplex distributes titles to Muse, Ani-One, Mighty Media etc anime distributors in your region...

Sony don't own Crunchyroll yet.. As there is opposition from Justice department, who's investigating regarding merger..

Sony owns Aniplex, Funimation, Wakanim and Anime Lab..
Aniplex distributes titles to Muse, Ani-One, Mighty Media etc anime distributors in your region...
Then may be from Aniplex they could air anime shows after editing it and dubbing shows

Then may be from Aniplex they could air anime shows after editing it and dubbing shows
Nope that's not how it works. If they want they need to buy from Muse, Ani-One etc like Animax Asia does and dub it themselves.

But again Sony Yay is kids channel for age 1-14 and Animax was youth channel for age 13-35.. Both has different audience.

Nowadays Indian audience on tv prefers local content, so buying costly Aniplex shows won't give them that much profits. Better they should move Crunchyroll content on Sony LIV later when they acquires Crunchyroll and add animes from Muse, Ani-One etc like Netflix does on Sony LIV. That's the better option.. Both anime fans and Indian Cartoon audience will be happy...

I don't care about Animax and whatever happened with it. I never liked and watched Animax.
Sony Yay! is best. My daughter loves Honey Bunny cartoon on this channel.
You don't care. But we anime fans cared about it. Since it was only one anime channel who aired best of Japanese animes in india.. Now there is no more anime channel in India. We have shifted digital thanks to Netflix, Muse Asia and Ani-One Asia .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock