Breaking Sports 18 2, Sports 18 Tamil, Sports 18 Hindi got licence from MIB

Bcoz star maa and zee thirai have been launched to primarily air native Telugu and tamil regional language films. They can very well accomodate dubbed hollywood movies or launch new channel for airing hollywood movies dubbed in tamil/ telugu of it is viable but having additional language options on english movies is a good thing in either case . Viewers can choose the channel of their choice to watch content , mostly if there is a dedicated channel like UTV Action available for dubbed hollywood films in hindi or if a broadcaster airs such films on its regional movie channels then multi language audio option will b provided for select movies on their english movie channels so that viewership does not entirely get diverted to it.

Audio feeds on english movie channels basically helps add viewers to the channel but in my opinion separate channel does that job more effectively..... as i have said for each regional language broadcasters cannot launch separate dubbed hollywood movies or sports channels hence they work on a strategy to provide such content on existing channels and scheduling depends on ratings achieved for such content
These channnels air bollywood titles and can easily curate to such audience. Audio feeds are required when there is no dedicated channels. There are many languages they can choose from where user benefits. But we got stick to same Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam market. Even Kannada faces same step child treatment.

These channnels air bollywood titles and can easily curate to such audience. Audio feeds are required when there is no dedicated channels. There are many languages they can choose from where user benefits. But we got stick to same Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam market. Even Kannada faces same step child treatment.

Then maybe they would not b getting desired ratings for airing dubbed hollywood movies on these channels and having a separate channel for same would b financially unviable hence adding audio feeds on english movie channels is the best option alongwith randomly airing few of these films on respective regional channels

You can share feedback on the same with the channel and its content head

Then maybe they would not b getting desired ratings for airing dubbed hollywood movies on these channels and having a separate channel for same would b financially unviable hence adding audio feeds on english movie channels is the best option alongwith randomly airing few of these films on respective regional channels

You can share feedback on the same with the channel and its content head
Why bother? Mindset never changes. There is a channel called Star Sports 1 Bangla. Just see how much live content airs there.

Why bother? Mindset never changes. There is a channel called Star Sports 1 Bangla. Just see how much live content airs there.

I assume that it maybe shutdown soon due to low viewership or if losses r being faced

I assume that it maybe shutdown soon due to low viewership or if losses r being faced
You try to squeeze life into a low viewership channel until it's shutdown to make some profit off it or let it reinvent itself. AXN still aired good content until the day it shutdown. But look at Star World. Same repeated nonsense for months.

You try to squeeze life into a low viewership channel until it's shutdown to make some profit off it or let it reinvent itself. AXN still aired good content until the day it shutdown. But look at Star World. Same repeated nonsense for months.

Cannot compare AXN shutdown with repetition of shows on Star World reason being Sony took the decision to take AXN off air on a particular date... Incase of star world / star world premiere either star/disney is planning to shut down one or both the channels as can b seen from the permitted channels list on broadcastseva portal that names of licence of these channels have been changed but issue star/disney cannot replace another channel belonging to different channel in place of these channels because that would require changing the placement of the channel across and this cannot be done in current NTO 1.0 compliant RIO...... They r awaiting implementation of NTO 2.0 which would incorporate all necessary changes.

They can shut down this channel and launch a new channel but again that would require paying carriage fee to each platform for placement of the said channel and this is quite a difficult task hence for the moment they r continuing to air repeats on these channels. Earlier in 2021 Star World Premiere used to vast variety of new and old shows but again failed to get desired ratings hence u cannot accuse star / disney of not trying to reinvent the content strategy for these channels. Now too i feel Star World will continue and will b revamped/rebranded shortly

One end they are not able to distribute sports18 hd channel properly and now they verge of launch 5 channels more
Out of which 2 hd channels
:blush2::rofl2:
Distribution has nothing to do with launching channel, there are many MSO other than ADTV and Tata Play Also, they already have there homegrown JioTV to put this channel.
I'm wondering this time not just SunDirect but also DishTV and d2h would be the first one in the race to add Sports18 2 HD and Sports18 Hindi HD

JioTV to put this channel.
I'm wondering this time not just SunDirect but also DishTV and d2h would be the first one in the race to add Sports18 2 HD and Sports18 Hindi HD
After made post i saw vadi bro post about availability of hd version but is it not deliberate push by sports18 for jio tv i say because if you want hd channel of sports 18 go for jio tv i mean not everyone have jio tv connection nor everyone pleased by seing on mobile only

After made post i saw vadi bro post about availability of hd version but is it not deliberate push by sports18 for jio tv i say because if you want hd channel of sports 18 go for jio tv i mean not everyone have jio tv connection nor everyone pleased by seing on mobile only
You can opt to SunDirect HD or switch to cable TV having Sports18 HD version.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock