Breaking Sports 18 (Viacom18 network) bags cricket South Africa rights for coming 7 years

• Thread starter RdX
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 45
  • Views: Views 8,379
Bangladesh XI vs Tamilnadu matches live on fancode
How this is possible
These types matches rights with bcci or star sports
I think this match Media Rights sold by Tamilnadu Cricket association.

Fancode never shared, lex sportel/1Sports they're Acquired Women's India tour of Srilanka from SLC and Dialog TV. meanwhile Srilanka men's cricket Broadcasting Rights only with Sony, Women's Srilanka team rights not even acquired by Sony.

Last edited:
Except big 3 i.e Aus, Eng, India, no rights will get attention of the broadcasters. These 3 have agreement playing one against another every year either home/tour. So that means Aus/Eng shall get at least 1 India tour in every 2 years.

But there is no such agreement between India and rest other countries for which broadcaster are not interested.
SA/NZ/WI have very few Indian matches in next cycle for which there is poor response from the broadcasters.

They will survive. They are utilising their full capacity to show what they have.

Star do not show anything except cricket and Viacom do not have channel/distribution to show contents though they have many properties
Yes bro bang on the point. They have a long term vision. As these cricket rights unfold they were go all out to gain in future . The next step will be to launch sports channels which are already in pipeline. Already they have grabbed many other sports rights other than cricket. With IPL and ICC rights now going to come up after many years they will go out to grab other cricket rights and sports properties.With Sports18 Khel and other strategic decisions they will be on top.Good for the viewer if the channels are distributed properly and available in decent packages.Also other sports properties which are not shown live will gain momentum. Star with its local content showing and only IPL and cricket with hockey will need to be sure what they show on their channels with most of the live sports properties not with them.

Yes bro bang on the point. They have a long term vision. As these cricket rights unfold they were go all out to gain in future . The next step will be to launch sports channels which are already in pipeline. Already they have grabbed many other sports rights other than cricket. With IPL and ICC rights now going to come up after many years they will go out to grab other cricket rights and sports properties.With Sports18 Khel and other strategic decisions they will be on top.Good for the viewer if the channels are distributed properly and available in decent packages.Also other sports properties which are not shown live will gain momentum. Star with its local content showing and only IPL and cricket with hockey will need to be sure what they show on their channels with most of the live sports properties not with them.
He was saying that Sony will survive as they have a long-term vision but you are talking about Viacom18. Sports18 1 SD isn’t even there on Dish TV/d2h for many months. HD is being added by DTHs only now. Distribution is a huge problem for it. Sony is much better placed all around. All its channels are distributed and it has a bunch of rights from a number of sports though it has lost a few to V18. Star has taken Australia cricket from Sony but Sony has taken events like the French and US Open from Star making it an all-rounder.

He was saying that Sony will survive as they have a long-term vision but you are talking about Viacom18. Sports18 1 SD isn’t even there on Dish TV/d2h for many months. HD is being added by DTHs only now. Distribution is a huge problem for it. Sony is much better placed all around. All its channels are distributed and it has a bunch of rights from a number of sports though it has lost a few to V18. Star has taken Australia cricket from Sony but Sony has taken events like the French and US Open from Star making it an all-rounder.
Yes bro. Thanks for pointing the mistake, The thread was about Sports 18 bagging the SA rights and so my thoughts on same.Distribution is an issue at present but as you can clearly see they bagged many rights lately and I am sure they will turnaround the things which are currently requiring attention. My point was with keeping future in mind after 8-10 years from now . with SA cricket rights as the starting point for them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock