Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,309
  • Views Views: Views 1,649,842

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Delhi was Missing so now this time to Delhi's turn.

Delhi Premier League 2024
17th August - 8th September
Venue :-
Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
Broadcast Partner - Sports 18 & JioCinema

It would be better if dd sports grab the right, atleast we could watch on hd channel...

It would be better if dd sports grab the right, atleast we could watch on hd channel...
100% agree with you bro.... as an international sports channel like Star showing these kind of sports on its channels to earn money is shameful ignoring international cricket/sports rights and showing these crappy leagues and asking customers subscription money pathetic move....

100% agree with you bro.... as an international sports channel like Star showing these kind of sports on its channels to earn money is shameful ignoring international cricket/sports rights and showing these crappy leagues and asking customers subscription money pathetic move....

1stly i do not agree with ur viewpoint as if sports broadcasters r earning money by airing such local leagues then it is good for their financial situation as normally sports broadcast business is too much costly to operate in and 2ndly these leagues too promote talent from regional level which includes small towns + villages and if it gets shown on major / leading sports channels then it further boosts confidence of players / staff part of these leagues.

Buddy,,Lastly it is not just Star Sports but Eurosport, Sports18 and Sony Sports too air such tournaments so please don't single out Star India while stating ur opinion :)

Last edited:
1stly i do not agree with ur viewpoint as if sports broadcasters r earning money by airing such local leagues then it is good for their financial situation as normally sports broadcast business is too much costly to operate in and 2ndly these leagues too promote talent from regional level which includes small towns + villages and if it gets shown on major / leading sports channels then it further boosts confidence of players / staff part of these leagues.

Buddy,,Lastly it is not just Star Sports but Eirosport, Sports18 and Sony Sports too air such tournaments so please don't single out Star India while stating ur opinion :)
1Sport did first. They use to rent out slots.

Buddy,,Lastly it is not just Star Sports but Eirosport, Sports18 and Sony Sports too air such tournaments so please don't single out Star India while stating ur opinion :)

1stly i dont agree with ur point of view regarding these sports channels are helping/ promoting talent from regional level if that was the case whats better for these leagues to approach DD for telecasting these matches where DD has more reach then Star

1stly i dont agree with ur point of view regarding these sports channels are helping/ promoting talent from regional level if that was the case whats better for these leagues to approach DD for telecasting these matches where DD has more reach then Star

Buddy atleast read my post properly before replying to it..... I did not state that sports broadcasters r promoting talent by airing these league what i said was that sports broadcasters a gaining revenue by airing these local leagues which is very essential and local leagues like these r helping promote talent from small towns/villages therefore when these leagues r aired on popular channels then it helps boost confidence of players/staff part of the league :)

Also the transmission and presentation quality of private sports broadcasters is lot better than DD hence most owners of these leagues tie up with private broadcasters for airing the league

Back
Top Bottom