Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,309
  • Views Views: Views 1,649,880

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Your explanation is bigger than that article itself and still no amount of words justify why the company keeps losing money. It simply means they overpaid more than the 2nd bidder and Zee backstabbed them.

Returns in long term?

When Disney bought 20thCF, their Indian subsidiary (Star India) was valued between $15-20 Billion. Now Jio/RIL is buying Star India for less than $5 Billion.

The management has run it to the ground. Sad.

Buddy do u know worldover valuations of various companies who r operating in Linear TV Broadcast have seen a decline bcoz the growth of OTT has lead to major change in business dynamics of how channels perform barring some exceptions...... Also Reliance came upon a lower valuation for Disney Star from say expected $10 Billion to $5 Billion as certain sports rights like ICC events carried risk of generating losses still if u read many articles u will see big investors or former board members of Disney too saying that Disney should not have agreed to such low valuation as overall its Linear TV business is performing exceedingly well across genres despite pressure from OTT front and even on OTT side still Disney+Hotstar is the biggest OTT platform and its valuation is also quite high

Buddy do u know worldover valuations of various companies who r operating in Linear TV Broadcast have seen a decline bcoz the growth of OTT has lead to major change in business dynamics of how channels perform barring some exceptions...... Also Reliance came upon a lower valuation for Disney Star from say expected $10 Billion to $5 Billion as certain sports rights like ICC events carried risk of generating losses still if u read many articles u will see big investors or former board members of Disney too saying that Disney should not have agreed to such low valuation as overall its Linear TV business is performing exceedingly well across genres despite pressure from OTT front and even on OTT side still Disney+Hotstar is the biggest OTT platform and its valuation is also quite high
You could've written this in 240 characters.

It's a waste of time if you keep justifying their useless decisions.

You talk about valuations of global companies and say Hotstar is the biggest OTT platform yet you don't know that they've never made profit all these years.

I've been reading balance sheets of global media and telecom companies for the past few years. Disney fooled Wall Street by clubbing Hotstar subs with their global subscriber numbers. Now that Wall Street doesn't care about subscribers they are offloading the subsidiary (Star India) to Reliance.

And there are ppl like you to defend these clowns.

England Vs Sri Lanka First Test on Sony Ten 5
Screenshot-2024-0814-111401.png

Delhi premier league live on sports 18 -2
Ksca trophy live on star sports 2
Premier league live on star sports -3
Premier sports cup on sports 18 -1 hd
Saudi super cup final on Sony sports ten 1 and ten3

Pondicherry Premier League (PPL) is also there
In Satellite :- Star Sports Select 1 SD/HD
In OTT :- FanCode

In India now a days it feels like everyday is cricket..🤔

You could've written this in 240 characters.

It's a waste of time if you keep justifying their useless decisions.

You talk about valuations of global companies and say Hotstar is the biggest OTT platform yet you don't know that they've never made profit all these years.

I've been reading balance sheets of global media and telecom companies for the past few years. Disney fooled Wall Street by clubbing Hotstar subs with their global subscriber numbers. Now that Wall Street doesn't care about subscribers they are offloading the subsidiary (Star India) to Reliance.

And there are ppl like you to defend these clowns.

Again u r repeating same thing over and over again , also if u keep a tab on financials of companies then u would not have mixed up so many things and drawn a wrong conclusion......anyways i have already given detailed explanation about all these things so won't repeat, if u want answers please read + understand what i had stated in earlier posts.

I know u have long taken Anti Disney-Star stance on everything so even if one tries to give a logical reasoning still u won't accept it....also Disney-Star and Disney as a whole is a big company and has experienced, knowledgeable people leading their business across various sectors which is why they r at a great position compared to their rivals and still managing to run such huge business quite well despite all the obstacles, challenges faced bcoz of various factors.

In India too they run a profitable business and it is only Sports Business which generates losses bcoz of valid reasons but with their new strategy these losses would surely see a decline in gradual manner

Again u r repeating same thing over and over again , also if u keep a tab on financials of companies then u would not have mixed up so many things and drawn a wrong conclusion......anyways i have already given detailed explanation about all these things so won't repeat, if u want answers please read + understand what i had stated in earlier posts.

I know u have long taken Anti Disney-Star stance on everything so even if one tries to give a logical reasoning still u won't accept it....also Disney-Star and Disney as a whole is a big company and has experienced, knowledgeable people leading their business across various sectors which is why they r at a great position compared to their rivals and still managing to run such huge business quite well despite all the obstacles, challenges faced bcoz of various factors.

In India too they run a profitable business and it is only Sports Business which generates losses bcoz of valid reasons but with their new strategy these losses would surely see a decline in gradual manner
The forum knows who is repeating the same thing over and over again.

You won't even listen to opposing views. Good luck flying through your own cloud.

Keep defending these clowns.

Back
Top Bottom