Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,538
  • Views: Views 1,496,364

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
The match between Manchester United and Newcastle United on 11 September, which marked the return of Portuguese football star Cristiano Ronaldo, garnered four times the reach of an average Premier League match this season, according to data by Star Sports. It became the most viewed game of the Premier League in India over the past five years, the channel said."

Man U vs Newcastle garners 4X viewership on TV

5TB6FE3.png
Did live broadcast Formula 1 and IPL dugout on Star Sports Select channels made Star air Premier League on Star Sports 2 and Star Sports 2 HD?

Now imagine airing Premier League on Star Sports 2 HD when no other live programming is on.

This tweet came moments after I posted above post. They messed up again. They have a HD channel airing highlights. They could've easily given slot to air live badminton.
Source
Idk why you are so quick to judge everything.. Atleast see what they are saying buddy... They had posted a thread and you had passing judgement on a single tweet.. The event is live on SS2 /3/2HD.

Edit.. I just saw that you have posted before the second tweet.. However, the EPG and Star India schedule was showing BWF live since yesterday..

Last edited:
Idk why you are so quick to judge everything.. Atleast see what they are saying buddy... They had posted a thread and you had passing judgement on a single tweet.. The event is live on SS2 /3/2HD.

Edit.. I just saw that you have posted before the second tweet.. However, the EPG and Star India schedule was showing BWF live since yesterday..
EPG was showing Session 2 of airing at Evening. At noon IPL highlights were scheduled. Even than there is no repeat of the event on Star Sports 2, Star Sports 2 HD and Star Sports 3.

Edit: By EPG. I meant schedule. Not the schedule from my DTH provider.

Last edited:
EPG was showing Session 2 of airing at Evening. At noon IPL highlights were scheduled. Even than there is no repeat of the event on Star Sports 2, Star Sports 2 HD and Star Sports 3.
Not True... On Tata sky as far as I know after yesterday's match when I had checked it was showing for me... Even now I had checked, it is der... SS2 has some magazine shows scheduled in between, so may be you had confused..

Not True... On Tata sky as far as I know after yesterday's match when I had checked it was showing for me... Even now I had checked, it is der... SS2 has some magazine shows scheduled in between, so may be you had confused..
Than you must be correct. As I checked the schedule on WhatsOnIndia app. Instead of the Tata Sky's EPG.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock