Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,774
  • Views: Views 1,571,341

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Mad at Sony for not airing ball by ball highlights. Days like today is when we actually want ball by ball highlights.
R7ay8GB.jpg
Star has the rights. Why will Sony show ball by ball highlights 🤔 ?

When STAR Sports started showing ISL on Select channel. I knew what direction they were heading. Showing ISL on Select channel which is not subscribed by lot of People. ISL meant to be shown on traditional 1,1 HD or 2, 2HD to attract local boys, engage more people in football. Shame on STAR sports. They even hide there schedule on Website . literally nut. India is never going to play in fifa wc in our lifetime unless some major things happen. Reliance should take their ISL to own Viacom Network channel. They are doing great in promoting global sports culture.
I2BV1FS.png

tNlcpBz.png
vPP4a1C.png

Last edited:

Broadcasting formula E because of races at night. Diriyah e-prix was at 10:30 pm now Mexico city e-prix 3am. Once formula E goes to European round and races start between at 3pm to 8pm. I don't think they will broadcast like how they last year and believe me they show 15 min ad between 40 min race. Sam bird was fighting for P3. There was overtake going on track and they stared showing ad. Its not like there is no action going on so you show ad but they showed ads at random time. Completely ruined experience.

Last edited:
When STAR Sports started showing ISL on Select channel. I knew what direction they were heading. Showing ISL on Select channel which is not subscribed by lot of People. ISL meant to be shown on traditional 1,1 HD or 2, 2HD to attract local boys, engage more people in football. Shame on STAR sports. They even hide there schedule on Website . literally nut. India is never going to play in fifa wc in our lifetime unless some major things happen. Reliance should take their ISL to own Viacom Network channel. They are doing great in promoting global sports culture.
I2BV1FS.png

tNlcpBz.png
vPP4a1C.png

IPL Auction is a big event and watched by many hence Star/disney airing it across chs , also day 1 of auction was supposed to b over at 7 pm but got delayed. Though i agree Star/disney should have kept this in mind and reserved Star Sports 2 for ISL or switched to ISL from IPL Auction on Star Sports 2 but this did not happen. Switching from IPL Auction to ISL on Star Sports 2 could have been done by running scroll message that "SS2 will air ISL Match from 7 pm and to watch continue watching IPL Auction tune into SS1/SS3/ Star Sports First.

Also buddy ISL was shown on Star Sports Select 2 HD only when cricket matches were live on Star Sports 1 and 3. As Star Sports 3 HD is not there hence Star Sports Select 2 HD fills the void. Also Multi Language options were enabled on Star Sports 2 / HD and Star Sports 3 so that viewers can enjoy ISL, EPL, Pro Kabaddi in respective languages. This is a welcome step by them and needs to b appreciated

About Sunday's schedule on star tv website, it was not showing for any channel except Star Sports 1 yesterday so maybe there was some glitch

Broadcasting formula E because of races at night. Diriyah e-prix was at 10:30 pm now Mexico city e-prix 3am. Once formula E goes to European round and races start between at 3pm to 8pm. I don't think they will broadcast like how they last year and believe me they show 15 min ad between 40 min race. Sam bird was fighting for P3. There was overtake going on track and they stared showing ad. Its not like there is no action going on so you show ad but they showed ads at random time. Completely ruined experience.

Share feedback with them buddy and also tag Star Sports channel head in ur tweet, surely they will improve on shortcomings be it about airing certain content or its presentation

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock