Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,794
  • Views: Views 1,575,568

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I rather have them air IPL and BCCI's matches all day than acquiring any growing league. Viewership of non Indian matches are increasing thanks to Sony's marketing and amazing Hindi and regional team. Teaching you history and explaining you facts making matches interesting for casual viewers. If Star acquires any International boards. I wouldn't expect Hindi or regional coverage when someone like England is Touring Australia. These would exclusive to India's matches.

I wrote a rant hating Sony's Olympic coverage. The commentary was just awesome for me to like even the average of sporting events ever aired on it. I forgot the rules of hockey and wrestling. Commentators explained them in every match. Star owns rights FIH and NFL. How much of hockey or football highlights do you even get to watch? How many here knows the rules of American Football, F1 Racing or even Baseball here? They owned the rights of MLB last season. Don't you wish your broadcaster educated you on something new you were watching.
Of course. It is as true as day that if the star owns any other sports rights it will never be shown on TV. At that time too, they will try to show IPL highlights. Many of us have gone to Star Sports' Facebook and YouTube handles and said "criticism". But then did they make any changes?Didn't even the IPL star auction do all the channels at the same time interrupt the ISL broadcast?

So, I wish Star Sports Should lose IPL & ICC rights and let them learn a lesson.

Record dip in viewership for NBC of their Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 broadcast. 😂
Don't think Doordarshan did any good numbers here in India either. The network prioritised this over Women's Cricket Team matches.

Last edited:
Record dip in viewership for NBC of their Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 broadcast. 😂
Don't think Doordarshan did any good numbers here in India either. The network prioritised this over Women's Cricket Team matches.
Doordarshan very very rarely broadcasts women cricket. But they always broadcast olympics, and men's cricket as per event of national importance rule.

8Cpp72X.png

hzb5T0b.png

Source

Now DD Sports follows Star Spots. Showing long ads breaks today, After wicket not showing any reply and until next batsman came to crease they showing ads.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock