Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,775
  • Views: Views 1,571,461

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Any news on Premiere League rights? Jio should take it. I mean Voot.
Premiere league's main importance is more games should be broadcasted on TV in international markets. So, I don't think any one but Star will meet that condition. Especially, after what happened with rights renewal in US with ESPN & Paramount joint bid hasn't considered even though they had quoted high amount and PL continued the association with NBC Universal. So, I'm thinking Star will get them if they haven't got them already. Also, its the only European competition they have, so, it's given that they should renew it.

My wish is that Star Sports takes over both of those. Let the IPL come on any other good channel.
I rather have them air IPL and BCCI's matches all day than acquiring any growing league. Viewership of non Indian matches are increasing thanks to Sony's marketing and amazing Hindi and regional team. Teaching you history and explaining you facts making matches interesting for casual viewers. If Star acquires any International boards. I wouldn't expect Hindi or regional coverage when someone like England is Touring Australia. These would exclusive to India's matches.

I wrote a rant hating Sony's Olympic coverage. The commentary was just awesome for me to like even the average of sporting events ever aired on it. I forgot the rules of hockey and wrestling. Commentators explained them in every match. Star owns rights FIH and NFL. How much of hockey or football highlights do you even get to watch? How many here knows the rules of American Football, F1 Racing or even Baseball here? They owned the rights of MLB last season. Don't you wish your broadcaster educated you on something new you were watching.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock