Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,794
  • Views: Views 1,575,568

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Australia Tour of Pakistan Live on Sony Six

TeFhSEM.jpg

z9xM27G.jpg

I rather have them air IPL and BCCI's matches all day than acquiring any growing league. Viewership of non Indian matches are increasing thanks to Sony's marketing and amazing Hindi and regional team. Teaching you history and explaining you facts making matches interesting for casual viewers. If Star acquires any International boards. I wouldn't expect Hindi or regional coverage when someone like England is Touring Australia. These would exclusive to India's matches.

I wrote a rant hating Sony's Olympic coverage. The commentary was just awesome for me to like even the average of sporting events ever aired on it. I forgot the rules of hockey and wrestling. Commentators explained them in every match. Star owns rights FIH and NFL. How much of hockey or football highlights do you even get to watch? How many here knows the rules of American Football, F1 Racing or even Baseball here? They owned the rights of MLB last season. Don't you wish your broadcaster educated you on something new you were watching.

Very True. Sony doing fab job as far as presenting wide variety of sports content with excellent presentation. Well i would say that star/disney would also want to do it but the kind of investment that goes in IPL, ICC, BCCI rights is massive and recovering or earning profit is a big task henec they r very cautious of spending in areas where it may not be that necessary

All i can say is that whoever acquires big ticket rights should continue to focus on them and give other sports properties as much attention as they can while the other broadcasters can continue investing on range of sports properties and spend more money on making presentation interesting for viewers

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock