Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,459
  • Views Views: Views 1,675,140

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I wonder when ICC will go outside of Asia pacific and England to host WC. At least some random ICC test championship or one off tournament in countries like Japan, Germany just like how English premier league has Asia trophy.
Wm7TCGV.jpg

Last edited:
Sports18 need to learn promotions of channel techniques from star sports and sony sports ten network every time they post they clearly separately mention x event live on star sports selct 1 sd and star sports select 1 hd same with Sony sports also they also say live on Sony sports ten 1 hd and sony sports ten 1 sd but i sports18 is a network i see whenever they post any sports event to promote they only say live on sports18 i feel that is the reason their hd version of sports18 not get much limelight and take more time to launch on dth and cable platform now lately they start mention and now channel make their way to dth platform if they done this earlier this channel not take this much time to add

Example image

1mfGSnQ.jpg

rRtMuuG.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see West indies, South Africa hosting a world cup in recent times because of Bloody BCCI and ICC politics interested in only Indian market and in making more money than to grow sports
Just FYI, by 2027 alone there would be a Men's tournament happening in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, USA and West Indies.. I mean does FIFAWC will be happening in a country without proper infrastructure? No right? It's the same thing here as well. FIFA won't be accepting an Indian bid for WC do they? Infact FIFA did commit the corruption in allocation of hosting rights.

English channels are one of the least viewed channels. But it would still attract some car brand over some toothpaste and detergent.

Even English sports channels attract premium brands so that is not an issue , all depends upon content being aired and brand strategy as how and to which viewers they want to reach out to

English channels are one of the least viewed channels. But it would still attract some car brand over some toothpaste and detergent.
I think league Title Sponsor ads guaranteed, Like most of time CPL have only one exclusive ad it's league Title Sponsor Hero motorcrop.

Back
Top Bottom