Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,456
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,969

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Hope once Sports events starts airing regularly in 4K, then most of us understand which have future Satellite TV or delayed buffering streaming.
Who will buy 4K DTH connections? A current dabba (letterbox) channel consumers? Those who want 4K content have already moved to dumping DTH for OTTs. I see there is zero chance for broadcasters to succeed with 4K channels. Because of their own mistake. They never pushed the bar. They needed to be aggressive with HD channels. Make the prices competitive. This is why I see people with 4K sets watching Star Sports 1 Hindi instead of Star Sports 1 Hindi HD.

Hindi feed on MTV HD.

59S6q3y.png

Who will buy 4K DTH connections? A current dabba (letterbox) channel consumers? Those who want 4K content have already moved to dumping DTH for OTTs. I see there is zero chance for broadcasters to succeed with 4K channels. Because of their own mistake. They never pushed the bar. They needed to be aggressive with HD channels. Make the prices competitive. This is why I see people with 4K sets watching Star Sports 1 Hindi instead of Star Sports 1 Hindi HD.
Don't worry Dabba Satellite TV still Ruling against OTT After 4G and 5G too, you can see how Football struggles 10K views and sometimes india Team and IPL matches too struggling cross 1 crores views in Delayed live Digital Streaming. Same applies to OTTs, Once 4K in IPL starts streaming most of people have to need spend money on both OTT Subscription and Internet plans.

So India Tour of New Zealand Exclusively on Prime video without broadcast partner, hope Amazon Prime will airing match without ads. Problem of OTTs nowadays is too much ads inbetween overs/wickets compared with HD Satellite TV Channel just because to recover content Rights acquisition cost and bundled OTT plans gives less revenue to OTTs.

Back
Top Bottom