Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,459
  • Views Views: Views 1,675,330

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Not when it comes to English GEC Channel, Music, Infotainment, Youth and even Secondary GEC channel.

I agree on this except the infotainment genre where National Geographic is among top 2 channels in this genre

Airtel is always arrogant with bundle of OTT apps for its plans as Jio was the first promote for Hotstar most from 2016 and now Jio have own sports OTT for upcoming crucial sports events like FIFA world cup, IPL and Olympics.

How is airtel arrogant in this matter? I could not understand ur point. Jio and Airtel both offer good OTT benefits for their mobile, broadband and DTH/ Cable TV subscribers

How is airtel arrogant in this matter? I could not understand ur point. Jio and Airtel both offer good OTT benefits for their mobile, broadband and DTH/ Cable TV subscribers
Even Vodafone Idea has to do the same. The three big private telcos need to keep up with each other to stay competitive. Agreed that Jio is ahead of the other two but it’s not fair to discriminate against the two older players. BSNL is definitely lacking though.

Even Vodafone Idea has to do the same. The three big private telcos need to keep up with each other to stay competitive. Agreed that Jio is ahead of the other two but it’s not fair to discriminate against the two older players. BSNL is definitely lacking though.

Jio is ahead in this department as they r constantly trying to acquire new subscribers and build a strong subscriber base but lately they have realised that pricing needs to b revised and free benefits reduced to remain financially viable.

Interesting though Jio overall has highest customer base in mobile segment but as far as premium segment of postpaid subscribers is concerned they r far behind airtel and vodafone. Vodafone has maximum postpaid subscribers followed by airtel, also airtel i guess would b ahead of Jio incase of urban customer ease

Same shows on repeat. Very poor line-up compared to International Nat Geo channels.

International Variant too has similar line up, they r airing mix of new and old content. Also new content involves fresh season of old shows which r regularly added in their schedule

Me to Indian team after paying ₹22.42 for Star Sports 1 on cable with 30 days lock-in period last Monday.
Ryhhnck.jpg

Airtel cant have best OTT topup for Rs.200/ (Hotstar+DTH credit)-for fiber like Jio with top OTTs (Hotstar, Sony, ZEE, Voot, Sun Nxt etc.)

T20 WC's peak viewership more than double of IPL's peak viewership on Hotstar
This is the reason why Hotstar chose ICC Digital Rights over IPL digital rights
fZIJUK4.png
tzK5qcQ.png
This could be because of timezone. Because of which most people are at work. Star Sports is not available on digital platforms. Otherwise India vs Zimbabwe's match from last Sunday which was a holiday would be also there. Meanwhile India vs Pakistan draws. People watch it despite they like cricket or not.

Back
Top Bottom