Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,456
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,969

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Same shows on repeat. Very poor line-up compared to International Nat Geo channels.

Brand New Show " World's Greatest Train Journeys From Above" tomorrow 11 AM on National Geographic Channel

Another New Show " Edge Of The World With Jimmy Chin" today at 7 PM

A Killer's Mistake, Storm Of Suspicion, Aussie Snake Wranglers, Undercover Asia, and many other new shows added to their line up in past few months. Also they r airing new seasons of shows which have been airing since long.

Overall National Geographic is offering lot of new content, just that they need to bring more Science, Tech, Biography, Travel , Investigative shows onboard. 3 years back they had such fab line up of Science shows but as new team took over in 2019 all of them were stopped barring few airings. I used to b so hooked to their science, tech, Investigative, biography shows....hope they r brought back soon...already shared feedback regarding same with National Geographic Channel and its channel head.

As far as issue of repeats of old programs is concerned, we can see it happening on History TV18 . Infact i have stopped watching this channel long back as it hardly airs new content and even the older content is not aired in synchronised manner...at many times i have seen few episodes getting repeated multiple times in a month while others r not aired

Last edited:
Why NBA is not airing on all days in Sports 18? Before Sony used to do even 2 Matches simultaneously on different channels. Viacom destroying NBA with only weekend telecast. They can air on 2 Channels and gain audience. They keep on showing Highlights in the morning.

Why NBA is not airing on all days in Sports 18? Before Sony used to do even 2 Matches simultaneously on different channels. Viacom destroying NBA with only weekend telecast. They can air on 2 Channels and gain audience. They keep on showing Highlights in the morning.

Watch it on MTV buddy

No post from dd sports about i league telecast but i league page post dd sports showing live

CHhZE0l.jpg

It's really embarassing for the richest cricket board in the world cannot telecast its major 50 overs domestic tournament. Apparently only knockout games of Vijay Hazare trophy will be televised
Its a good thing that other international sporting events are getting televised instead of just cricket 24*7 this is a good move by the broadcasters. In the long run it will help other sports as well as cricket.

Other sports will get their due recognition also there wont be cricket fatigue for the viewers watching it played 24*7. I think broadcasters have understood that this is the only way to go forward and that is why they have closed down their 24*7 cricket channels like Star Cricket and Ten Cricket coz too much of anything is bad

Its a good thing that other international sporting events are getting televised instead of just cricket 24*7 this is a good move by the broadcasters. In the long run it will help other sports as well as cricket.

Other sports will get their due recognition also there wont be cricket fatigue for the viewers watching it played 24*7. I think broadcasters have understood that this is the only way to go forward and that is why they have closed down their 24*7 cricket channels like Star Cricket and Ten Cricket coz too much of anything is bad
You're completely wrong. Star sports is just showing highlights of world cup non stop in multiple channels. They do not have any live event scheduled. They're showing freaking highlights of warm up matches of India 🤦🤦🤦. You're mistaken if you think star sports is not covering Vijay Hazare trophy because they have to focus on other sporting events. They can easily dedicate a channel to domestic tournaments while also cover other sports. Infact the state was much better when they had dedicated cricket channels.

Back
Top Bottom