Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,584
  • Views: Views 1,516,294

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
So will English or Regional Audio Feeds be enabled on MTV HD or will they air the English Fed on Colors Infinity HD / Vh1 HD while Regional Language feed will b made available on just Sports18 SD?

I think Viacom18 should opt for former strategy which will fast track addition of MTV HD alongwith other pending HD channels on Airtel Digital TV as well as on other platforms where they r still missing
Only Viacom knows.

I think Viacom18 should opt for former strategy which will fast track addition of MTV HD alongwith other pending HD channels on Airtel Digital TV as well as on other platforms where they r still missing
Indiacast is not some small time distributor. They signed deals overnight for Sports18 HD. I think it's operators who are hesitant to carry such niche channel. It's a shocker that regional cable networks has MTV HD, Vh1 HD and MTV Beats HD. Till that big DTH operators doesn't carry it.

Indiacast is not some small time distributor. They signed deals overnight for Sports18 HD. I think it's operators who are hesitant to carry such niche channel. It's a shocker that regional cable networks has MTV HD, Vh1 HD and MTV Beats HD. Till that big DTH operators doesn't carry it.

I would say that issue can lie on both sides - sometimes operator may not want to add it citing bandwidth or less demand while there might b operator like Airtel Digital TV which wants to add but cannot add due to certain genuine reasons thus keeping it on hold and Indicast/Viacom18 is also somewhat not being able to convince operators to carry the channels as there r far smaller or large broadcasters which have managed to sign agreement with various operators for carriage of popular or niche channels

Yes i know i am the one always say hd why not added on adtv but still don't know why colors Bangla cinema channel not used by Viacom to give fifa world cup in Bengali audio feed yes it's sd channel still something better than nothing
If they do that. Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam viewers will start crying as they don't get enough special treatment.

If they do that. Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam viewers will start crying as they don't get enough special treatment.

They will work out a way to cater to all viewers thru their existing channels available across various genres. Deciding upon which content to be given space on a particular depends on variety of factors

I dont expect regional language on TV those who want to watch it in regional language can watch it for free online.

Regarding what will happen when there is 2 matches I think 1 in HD and the other in SD while the main match hindi feed will be in MTV HD

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock