Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,524
  • Views: Views 1,488,611

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I dont expect regional language on TV those who want to watch it in regional language can watch it for free online.

Regarding what will happen when there is 2 matches I think 1 in HD and the other in SD while the main match hindi feed will be in MTV HD
SD feed has Hindi commentary. So they should air the second match in MTV HD.

I would say that issue can lie on both sides - sometimes operator may not want to add it citing bandwidth or less demand while there might b operator like Airtel Digital TV which wants to add but cannot add due to certain genuine reasons thus keeping it on hold and Indicast/Viacom18 is also somewhat not being able to convince operators to carry the channels as there r far smaller or large broadcasters which have managed to sign agreement with various operators for carriage of popular or niche channels
I disagree with you. They are making Hindi only feed exclusive to MTV HD is to lure operators to add it. Otherwise they would simulcast on MTV as well.

I disagree with you. They are making Hindi only feed exclusive to MTV HD is to lure operators to add it. Otherwise they would simulcast on MTV as well.

Buddy Hindi Feed already available on Sports18 SD so no point airing the same on MTV SD.

They r making Hindi HD feed available on MTV HD for 2 reasons - 1st this is the best channel/option available to reach out to target audience of football without disturbing regular schedule of other popular channels . There is a very minute niche segment which would b interested to watching these matches in HD , also most of the mass audience either do not have HD box or just opt for just Standard Definition channels specially for niche events.

2nd reason is obvious to help widen distribution of MTV HD as there is strong possibility of the audience demographic / segment base which is interested in HD hindi feed demanding MTV HD from operators during the FIFA World Cup

Buddy Hindi Feed already available on Sports18 SD so no point airing the same on MTV SD.
They wont air on MTV SD the important match will be on English in Sports18 1HD, hindi in MTV HD the second match both language on Sports18 1SD (dual audio)

They wont air on MTV SD the important match will be on English in Sports18 1HD, hindi in MTV HD the second match both language on Sports18 1SD (dual audio)

I said the same thing bro. 2nd match can be aired in english audio either on Vh1 HD or Colors Infinity HD

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock