Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,551
  • Views: Views 1,501,156

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
DD Sports EPG is never fixed & keeps on changing, came to know this during WI vs IND series, they used to update EPG just few mins before the match starts

Same ads & promotions were seen for 1st ODI too which aired on DD Sports
Source
And the funny thing is
Dd sports epg tommorow schedule showing no info
While dd sports 1.0 showing schedule but match live duration showing 45min
10:30am to 11:15am

Nope judge cant overrule on this as it is the broadcaster choice on which platform they can telecast if judge overrules this then it will open a pandora box coz some other broadcaster may broadcast a different event on OTT and suddenly again situation may happen. Example if Indian cricket match happening and as we know all 5 channels of a broadcaster telecasting cricket and then Indian hockey is happening and broadcaster decides to telecast it in OTT then again people may go to court saying no broadcast in TV. So there cant be preferential treatment to Cricket or any sport for that matter.

Hence the best decision would be court giving advice (not order) saying that it would be better to have tv broadcast but it would be up to the host broadcaster to finally decide whether to broadcast on TV or not

I stated this with respect to events which r part of the list mentioned in the Sports Act. Courts can intervene and question that how come OTT platforms r buying TV rights and not making sure that same r available to public at large on Pay TV platforms. If u notice be it at Star Sports or Sony Sports they never make such events OTT Exclusive which r part of the important events category bcoz in a way that will restrict larger audience from being able to watch/access that content.

If there r no private sports broadcasters which bid for acquiring rights of particular sports property then DD always makes sure to make s special agreement with concerned board to make the said series/event available to all (FTA, Pay TV viewers) and even if some OTT platform owns the rights then they try to work out some arrangement to get the rights and air the same on DD Sports which gets aired on all platforms, like it happened when Doordarshan entered agreement with Fancode to air India's Tour of West Indies. If OTT platform is adamant to not enter an agreement with DD for making the said event available to Pay TV viewers then surely courts can intervene if DD or some private operator raises objections on the same

APV did provide feed, hence it was relayed to all operators, whatever be the reason, What I'm saying is that APV shouldn't provide feed for 2nd ODI, come what may ,to DD, let the case be agressive then, Prasar Bharti always uses loopholes and tries to be oversmart always, let there be a complete blackout on TV, APV has both TV and digital rights and they have paid for it, who is DD to distribute freebies at cost of APV

Amazon directly did not provide feed or gave permission to DD Sports to make the match available across all platforms, Dish TV /Siti Cable approached TDSAT and filed case for DD Sports unencrypted feed to be made available to them. Amazon approached court against it and honorable court declined/dismissed their plea.

There is no question of freebies as i have already explained in previous posts but a logical/amicable solution which Amazon or other OTT platforms should arrive at with Prasar Bharti to address the needs of larger public. An ad revenue sharing model would have served the purpose in perfectly well manner

I stated this with respect to events which r part of the list mentioned in the Sports Act. Courts can intervene and question that how come OTT platforms r buying TV rights and not making sure that same r available to public at large on Pay TV platforms. If u notice be it at Star Sports or Sony Sports they never make such events OTT Exclusive which r part of the important events category bcoz in a way that will restrict larger audience from being able to watch/access that content.

If there r no private sports broadcasters which bid for acquiring rights of particular sports property then DD always makes sure to make s special agreement with concerned board to make the said series/event available to all (FTA, Pay TV viewers) and even if some OTT platform owns the rights then they try to work out some arrangement to get the rights and air the same on DD Sports which gets aired on all platforms, like it happened when Doordarshan entered agreement with Fancode to air India's Tour of West Indies. If OTT platform is adamant to not enter an agreement with DD for making the said event available to Pay TV viewers then surely courts can intervene if DD or some private operator raises objections on the same
DD have no interest at all. If you have so much interest to watch, then please buy DD freedish.

And the funny thing is
Dd sports epg tommorow schedule showing no info
While dd sports 1.0 showing schedule but match live duration showing 45min
10:30am to 11:15am
I just checked Dd sports 1.0 & 2.0 epg. 7am to 3.30pm ind-nz odi series live tomo

Last edited:
I just checked Dd sports 1.0 & 2.0 epg. 7am to 3.30pm ind-nz odi series live tomo

Dont know about 1.0 and 2.0
Jio sports schedule match will be live on dd sports

BaNsnfi.jpg

Since the Current Rights are expiring on 31st March 2023, I think Tender can be out sometime before the IPL mini-auction & Auction could be held in January

Oh It's Expiring In March 2023??

Not Till End Of 2023???

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock