Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,678
  • Views: Views 1,549,409

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Bbt7XEZ.jpg

Hindi or regional commentary has become a joke. Commentators can't pronounce half the names. Don't know half the names of most players. Keeps calling only the popular players. And the excitement at littlest of actions feels so made up. This gets as good as dubbed movies. 🤮
Absolutely. I had the misfortune to watch a few T20 World Cup matches in Hindi. The commentary was totally cringe-worthy. No technical analysis of the game. Just Aakash Chopra kind of guys trying to rhyme every sentence they speak and sucking up to every player who is on the crease, even if they are playing badly.

Hindi or regional commentary has become a joke. Commentators can't pronounce half the names. Don't know half the names of most players. Keeps calling only the popular players. And the excitement at littlest of actions feels so made up. This gets as good as dubbed movies. 🤮
You can tolarate if this happens in cricket coz atleast you can see players properly due to camera angle but case of football if commentary pannel make a mess then you don't know who have the ball only then you have to depend on your instincts to recognise players or by Jersey number.
This is the reason i always have complaint with football match camera angle

Absolutely. I had the misfortune to watch a few T20 World Cup matches in Hindi. The commentary was totally cringe-worthy. No technical analysis of the game. Just Aakash Chopra kind of guys trying to rhyme every sentence they speak and sucking up to every player who is on the crease, even if they are playing badly.
There are many good Hindi and regional commentators. You will notice if you watch something on DD Sports or your local news channels. These executive of big broadcasters will hire people with popularity and big social media presence thinking that will translate to good ratings. They are kidding themselves. Viewers wants good experience. Not some social media star. The normal english feed always has good content because it is produced by event organisers not broadcasters.

Ruturaj create history but star showing highlights on most of the channel
And star sports 1 only showing quarter final Vijay hazare karnatak vs Punjab match i am almost certain not above 5% people able to watch ruturaj history create over live but people surely watch Highlights why not star sports show all matches on their cahnnel specially when this is knockout of vijay hazare on going more over no other live sports at this time to clash with why not they leave on viewers to chose what live match they want to watch instead of pick one for viewers

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock