Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,678
  • Views: Views 1,548,838

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Actually reason might be the Live Telecast processing fee which is levied by government which increases the expenses incurred by the concerned sports broadcaster for making the event available on their channels. More so Australia Vs West Indies won't attract advertisers to even recover the transmission cost which is applicable hence has been kept as OTT Exclusive

This could be a major reason for absence of major sporting events on TV in the coming future. With the onset of 5G, i beleive OTT is the only way forward.
Since this event is outside india, no question of processing fee for WPC. Even if they go for ott only in future, still they have to pay to WPC as per existing rule, when event is in india

Since this event is outside india, no question of processing fee for WPC. Even if they go for ott only in future, still they have to pay to WPC as per existing rule, when event is in india
sony sports why think about anything
They got indian team match which gave them enough revenue so that they can skip test series as much as they wanted

The reason for skipping WI Aus test series , because of India - Bangladesh series, Sony allocated 3 channels for India - Bangladesh series, hence it has only 2 channels left, one filled with Pak - eng series and another one WWE.

The reason for skipping WI Aus test series , because of India - Bangladesh series, Sony allocated 3 channels for India - Bangladesh series, hence it has only 2 channels left, one filled with Pak - eng series and another one WWE.
They perfectly follow fellow competitor star sports

I think this processing fee is for the live broadcast of all the events irrespective of hapening in India or abroad. Also the article refered before in this thread doesn't talk about OTT.

I think this processing fee is for the live broadcast of all the events irrespective of hapening in India or abroad. Also the article refered before in this thread doesn't talk about OTT.
Processing fee is 1 lac, fee given to WPC is 1-2 lacs. All these fees are given for uplinking the live events in india. OTT don't need to be mentioned separately as they also uplink from stadium to their production centres. When events are done outside India, how fees applicable?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock