Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,730
  • Views: Views 1,563,407

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I'm an Airtel DTH user. Only Sony sports 4 is included in my package, so I subscribed to Sony Sports SD pack yesterday to watch Pak vs England. As a cricket addict and since Sony has rights to several cricket boards, I always end up subscribing to Sony packs on tv. How much revenue does this generate? Also, how much does star sports get through subscription by end customers? Is there any data available?

eSk0mT7.png

Sony Sports Ten 5 showing highlights of old matches instead of airing Aus vs WI why?? What's the logic? Indian sports channels lack common sense should learn to be more flexible with their scheduling and make last minute changes if required. What's the point of having 10 channels if you can't accommodate a live event

Sony Sports Ten 5 showing highlights of old matches instead of airing Aus vs WI why?? What's the logic? Indian sports channels lack common sense should learn to be more flexible with their scheduling and make last minute changes if required. What's the point of having 10 channels if you can't accommodate a live event

Actually reason might be the Live Telecast processing fee which is levied by government which increases the expenses incurred by the concerned sports broadcaster for making the event available on their channels. More so Australia Vs West Indies won't attract advertisers to even recover the transmission cost which is applicable hence has been kept as OTT Exclusive

Actually reason might be the Live Telecast processing fee which is levied by government which increases the expenses incurred by the concerned sports broadcaster for making the event available on their channels. More so Australia Vs West Indies won't attract advertisers to even recover the transmission cost which is applicable hence has been kept as OTT Exclusive
Is it available on Sony LIV?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock