Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,536
  • Views: Views 1,494,324

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
FpdD8wB.jpg

This drama has been going on since couple of days. Dhoni's birthday is on July 7th. They have started celebration a week priror. Mind you that my birthday is in next couple of days. If I had started celebrations from today. People would've called me insane and stupid.

That was more because rugby isn't popular .
Thats y i like sony.even
FpdD8wB.jpg

This drama has been going on since couple of days. Dhoni's birthday is on July 7th. They have started celebration a week priror. Mind you that my birthday is in next couple of days. If I had started celebrations from today. People would've called me insane and stupid.
Cmon bro this is important.thats why they r not showing Wimbledon in hindi coz they have to show "dhoni's celebration ".and now they are launching tamil hd channels also so our tamil brothers can watch dhoni birthday celebration in hd .

FpdD8wB.jpg

and irony of star sports bcci president's birthday on 8th july but star not celebrate one week special for dada 😂😂

Sharing this article only for media rights of ipl news.
BCCI is planning the big media-rights auction too, towards the end of 2021. With the month of March now potentially being available to them for an early start of IPL 2023 onwards - that'll help the board accommodate 90-plus matches between 10 teams - the board and the industry expects a minimum 25% increase in the value of media rights going forward.

According to BARC India, the series is the most viewed test match since 2018, The clash garnered 7.4 million Average Minute Audience (AMA) over five days. The match was aired on Star Network’s sports channels Star Sports, Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Sports 1 Hindi HD, Star Sports 1 Tamil, Star Sports 1 Telugu, and Star Sports 1 Kannada. Besides, DD Sports had also aired the match.

As earlier reported by exchange4media, according to industry estimates, the sponsors paid Rs 2.5 lakh per 10 seconds whereas spot buyers paid Rs 2.8 lakh per 10 seconds. Also, the broadcaster is estimated to have earned a revenue of Rs 90-92 crore from WTC Final.
Ind-NZ WTC Final viewed by 99 million

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock