Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,502
  • Views: Views 1,477,862

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
yeah Sony not in loss, than why they not Acquired Any ICC, BCCI and IPL Rights, why they Acquired cheap cost PCB Rights 🤦‍♂️
Before IPL Rights Auction Sony bought Ten sports channels. I think that's the reason they have lost the rights for star

Hmmm. Here is what happened because of your wanted sports rights. You don't need to announce the whole world about your lack of substantial knowledge on subject matter. IMO Take rest. (y)
Link: Star India reports Rs 1,216-cr loss in FY19

Well, if you had gone through the article first you would have understood why they had loss the money. They lost primarily because the first year they had to pay more amount to BCCI ie., 4000 crores for IPL and Hotstar which Star had invested heavily in posted 558₹ crores loss.

I'm not saying that Star is making loss or they are making profits, but it's murkier if you just try to defend that Star is making loss because they had posted that loss 2 years ago and too because of different reasons. If its just because of IPL then I might have agreed to that.

Last edited:
So currently these sports rights are available in India
Premier League- Star Sports/Hotstar till 2023.
La Liga- Viacom 18(MTV/VOOT/Jio TV/Regional Channels) for next 3 years
Bundesliga- Multi year deal with Fancode. Deal signed in 2020.
Eredivisie- Eurosport
Serie A- Sony Sports/ Sony Liv broadcasted it in 2020. Don't know about this year. (?)
J League- Sony Ten 2/ Sony Liv till end of 2021
Major League Soccer- Eurosports
Japan NT Friendly- Sony Ten 2
Indian Super League- Star Sports/ Hotstar
I league- 1 Sports
Indian Football NT- Star Sports
UCL-Sony?
UEL-Sony?
UEFA Conference League-?
UEFA National League- ?
FA Cup- Sony
Carabao Cup- Viacom 18
Community Shield- Sony Sports Network
AFC Champions League and AFC Cup- Jio Football
Add to all these 1 Play Sports Youtube Channel broadcast select matches of UAE and Singapore Domestic league.
Anything i missed?
yea bro you missed one rights
ligue 1 -----> tv5 mondie asie (one match every week)

yea bro you missed one rights
ligue 1 -----> tv5 mondie asie (one match every week)
Han. I edited it. Added Rangers match of Scottish Premier league, Then English Champions ship(2nd division) and League 1. Will update if i will remember anything else. There are so many other legal rights available. I just forgot many of them.

Han. I edited it. Added Rangers match of Scottish Premier league, Then English Champions ship(2nd division) and League 1. Will update if i will remember anything else. There are so many other legal rights available. I just forgot many of them.
I think 1Sport got rights of Coup de France too.

I think 1Sport got rights of Coup de France too.
Only god knows which rights they have. They did not broadcasted a single Coupe De France match last year. They used to have SPFL and Coupe De France rights. But currently they have none. They also broadcasted Canada Football league games last september. Let's see,

Only god knows which rights they have. They did not broadcasted a single Coupe De France match last year. They used to have SPFL and Coupe De France rights. But currently they have none. They also broadcasted Canada Football league games last september. Let's see,
They don't promote anything properly. I have to look at schedule to confirm about Bellator pay per views.

Last edited:
Bro you are not getting the point.its not about who is making loss or profit .as a viewer we want we will watch variety and majority of sports .as a sports lover we want our country also become sports country .we are dominating in cricket thats great but if broadcaster will give importance to other sports we will also become gud in other sports also.we are not star or sony employees .we are indians and we shud stand and cheer every sportsperson who is representing our country.
You talk about profits and losses as if Star comes to deliver extra cash at your home after making profits. Than Sony comes and collect the same money from you to cover their losses.

You also talk about figures coming out at March and November. And am unwilling to discuss about the losses Star incurred in FY19 at the same time.
Viewers Watching more Cricket Events we can't Blame Broadcaster, variety of Sports not getting proper Viewership and Revenue than it's not fault of Broadcaster, most of Viewers not interested watching unwanted sports in India, this is the reason many sports channels shutting down in past

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock