Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,728
  • Views: Views 1,562,958

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Putting it behind paywall will completely destroy the sport.

Look at what Sky did to England Cricket.

Jio created the Ad ecosystem while Hotstar was struggling to get $100M+ revenue through ads. US is still struggling to onboard advertisers and major sporting leagues are finding it hard to reach consumers. What Jio did was transformational. Hope it continues the way forward.
What sky did..?

Putting it behind paywall will completely destroy the sport.

Look at what Sky did to England Cricket.

Jio created the Ad ecosystem while Hotstar was struggling to get $100M+ revenue through ads. US is still struggling to onboard advertisers and major sporting leagues are finding it hard to reach consumers. What Jio did was transformational. Hope it continues the way forward.
Now they're going to eat all advertisers bundling with both satellite and digital. Anything left for IPL new season or again we will see fight between Jio and Star.

Jio Cinema Freemium version getting expanded on hotstar too, Don't know how long these things sustain in market. moreover both ICC and ACC Global Media Rights with Disney/Star expiring this year.
If Fancode announce like this, then it will be excellent news for cricket lovers

If Fancode announce like this, then it will be excellent news for cricket lovers
Fancode lost money on acquiring sports rights, still they're successful from Dream11 fantasy users contributing huge crores share everyday.

These things maybe help for season or 2 years, but years by years advertisers decreasing spending money on these sports properties. Overall these strategies doesn't help for long term sustain.

I know it's Off Topic..

4RmJyP7.jpg

Champions Trophy 2025 likely to be shifted from Pakistan to West Indies and USA.

ICC T20 World Cup 2024 likely to be shifted
From West Indies and USA to England.

Jio Cinema Freemium version getting expanded on hotstar too, Don't know how long these things sustain in market. moreover both ICC and ACC Global Media Rights with Disney/Star expiring this year.
People say jio cinema effect

But i say It's actually future scenario after saw indian team performance recently in icc tournament hope indian team notch up their performance in icc tournament or else soon we may see blackout icc matches or free on tv to due to decline from viewers

We should not forgot what happen to hockey

What sky did..?

Hotstar has done the right thing. The subscription price should be very low or it should be free. Otherwise there will few takers fir the property.
Man people cannot afford it or consider it a luxury spending money on streaming. These are way more than paying subscribers. I think there should be two plans. If I have the money I should be able to get International quality ad-free broadcast if I am willing to spent. So everyone is happy at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock