ST2 K2 Beam Transponders New Details

• Thread starter GODMAN
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 7,562
No need to say who starting first and who follows next... Let us contribute to DDF in a good way instead of such fights.

If we have points opposing other member's points, we can discuss that in a healthy manner.

No personal comments are entertained.

All are friends here. So be friendly.

All DTH are having good and bad parts. Good for someone will be bad for some other.

Comparing one DTH with other always end up in quarrels since each of them are having some USP.

No problem in posting good about your favorite DTH. But defaming of other DTH is strictly prohibited.

So friends, please keep this in mind and do an healthy discussion.

DishHD said:
So you are a agent of Videocon d2h promoting d2h in ddf forums :skd

So anyone who gives info abt a dth is an agent! Like you are an agent of dishtv promoting it here on ddf?

Kalyan_1980 said:
Yes you are right, TP's can be switch between 1,2 and 3.

Even i had seen a new TP has been done which was not in the TP list.. i think its in Measat 3/3a for Sun Direct during the failure of Insat TPs . every one said at that time as there is no TP in Measat but i was the only one to tell about new TP can be given to SD ,Without any solid info of hiring TPs by D2H we cant confirm as its for D2H only and happy about Space and future proof ..

Agree that d2h has not acquired the free tps yet. But if need arises and d2h gets sufficient funds there is atleast an opportunity for them.

The satellite has been there for about 4 years now and except for 1(or may be 3) TPs no one is using these TPs. Well, chance of d2h taking more TPs is higher given the following reasons
1. D2H launching UHD service in six months. To maintain 1 UHD channel they have to use space of 10 - 12 SD channels or 2-3 HD channels.
2. D2H going for IPO. Get some funds in.
3. An unconfirmed news of providing 500 channels by Diwali.

I'm not predicting anything. Just trying to say the chances are good. We will have to wait for any official news.

v_srikanth961 said:
Agree that d2h has not acquired the free tps yet. But if need arises and d2h gets sufficient funds there is atleast an opportunity for them.

The satellite has been there for about 4 years now and except for 1(or may be 3) TPs no one is using these TPs. Well, chance of d2h taking more TPs is higher given the following reasons
1. D2H launching UHD service in six months. To maintain 1 UHD channel they have to use space of 10 - 12 SD channels or 2-3 HD channels.
2. D2H going for IPO. Get some funds in.
3. An unconfirmed news of providing 500 channels by Diwali.

I'm not predicting anything. Just trying to say the chances are good. We will have to wait for any official news.

Agreed....

Adding up....

1uhd channel @h265= 1.6 HD Space @h264....

60%bit reduction with HEVC compared to h264...

1uhd=4hd space ,both@h264

@HEVC, 40% of 4= 1.6

So UHD addition space isn't much problem.

Also some unconfirmed news is there that this year end d2h will take 2tps more...to reach 12TPs....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock