Breaking Star 4K Added On Sun Direct

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 180
  • Views Views: Views 32,601
20240402-071303.jpg
Your set top box model

HEVC is a standard for compression. A box support HEVC doesn't mean it will support 4k video. You can code any resolution in HEVC. To play 4k video the processor must be capable of doing that. For eg try to play a 4k video in an old PC. All the modern media player support HEVC but when you play it in an old PC it Crashes. To play 4k video efficiently the processor must be capable. If the sundirect HD boxes processors are that advanced , then you can watch 4k. But who will put 4k processor inside a HD box, it will be a wastage of money.
bro you said it right any setup box has HEVC.So its processor supports 4K.
If the processor of their set-up box does not support HEVC, then it will say H.264 and its resolution will be full HD.

Any help me to a decisions... I am currently using Sundirect HD HS3A01 STB with smart card (its a old 2018 model with physical smart card ) so should i upgrade to newly launched STB MIN222 or wait for sun direct to launch any 4K STD to take advantage of Star 4K and upcoming SUN TV 4K channels?
My HS3A01 STB is still working fine with good pic clarity and sound anyway so will i get any better clarity in that STB MIN222 or waste of upgrade?

All of you saying Sundirect brainless?
I am not saying...:no2:

Sun direct usually comes with surprises...so, I beleive, this one also one among them...

Let's wait for somedays...

Maybe, by today we can expect any announcement from Sun direct or Star side on social media handles...

Any help me to a decisions... I am currently using Sundirect HD HS3A01 STB with smart card (its a old 2018 model with physical smart card ) so should i upgrade to newly launched STB MIN222 or wait for sun direct to launch any 4K STD to take advantage of Star 4K and upcoming SUN TV 4K channels?
My HS3A01 STB is still working fine with good pic clarity and sound anyway so will i get any better clarity in that STB MIN222 or waste of upgrade?
I will suggest you to wait...

Once get clarity, we can decide based on that...

These 2 Posts Are Good Examples That Sun Direct HD Boxes Doesn't Support 4K Because During That Time That 4K Channel Was FTA For Some Hours,

That's Why Audio Was Working And No Video Because Of Unsupported Processor,,,

Last edited:
Just sundirect things nothing is clearer to the customer.

Ivan innum thirundha la mama(Trans: sun management is not rectified or not changing to customer friendly behaviour)

Pathetic Sun Direct

Downloaded And Tried To Play Some 4K Videos On These Boxes, It's Not Even Detecting Them!

Also Without 4K Output How We Will Get 4K Quality??
Maybe they will do 4K upscaling
That is also a possibility and easiest way for them😂😂

Back
Top Bottom