Star Bharat re-evaluating future plans?

Why channels like Star Utsav, Zee Anmol,rishtey etc withdrawn from DDFD even the above channels are still exist?
As TRAI brings NTO so to attract more viewers from pay dish they collectively decided to remove gec & movies channel from free dish,major broadcasters thinks if they removes their most popular channels from dd free dish then freedish users will leave free dish & joins pay dish & they will get more subscribers

Last edited:
After launching on DDFD, Star Bharat was instant hit. After testing the hit tag, they had started to feel, no need of DDFD, removing from DDFD, no affect will come on channel's rating. It was their biggest mistake. Once, channel has overtaken Star Plus's rating and become no.1 channel on Star Network. Now, such situation has come when Star has started to consider for channel's shut-down. It proves again that your pride will destroy you.

Instead of shutting down, Star should make available this channel on DDFD again. I am sure, channel will get back their lost charm!!! (Only my opinion) 💐💐

BTW to join DDFD they don't need to make it FTA, they can join DDFD even if it is Pay in other DPO. Point is they need DDFD to survive
As per NTO, Any channel shall be non-discriminatory basis only. If the channels has FTA, then its availability will be FTA on all DPO platforms.
TRAI already issued notices to big broadcasters for their FTA channels on DDFD in Feb 2019.

As per NTO, Any channel shall be non-discriminatory basis only. If the channels has FTA, then its availability will be FTA on all DPO platforms.
TRAI already issued notices to big broadcasters for their FTA channels on DDFD in Feb 2019.

Bhai have you checked the DDFD 38 and 39th auction winner list ? Notice issue in Feb auction held much after that so First check it then comment. There u will see lots of Pay chs

So clearly NTO is not applicable to DDFD

Last edited:
Bhai have you checked the DDFD 38 and 39th auction winner list ? Notice issue in Feb auction held much after that so First check it then comment. There u will see lots of Pay chs
DD FD is not pay platform no one is understanding Trai statement .. its was only for PAY DTHs. We both were saying this from January :lol:

So clearly NTO is not applicable to DDFD
OK

Last edited:
It's a shame that fate of a channel is decided by BARC ratings, as we don't know anything about their (BARC) meters.

Following points can drastically change the ratings & also the fate of a Hindi channel.
(In view of Hindi Channel)

1.In how many homes the meters are installed.
2.In which part of India the homes are located where meters are installed.
3. Are there any meter installed in Hindi belt or not, if yes how many. I.e. Central India (MP & CG), North India (UP, Bihar, UK, Jharkhand, HP etc).
4.No. of Meters installed in urban area vs rural area.(Hindi speaking Population I.e. either as first language or second language or third language.)

This was bound to happen , private broadcasters tried to leverage popularity/reach of Free Dish to its max and later then ditched it riding high on confidence over their content thinking people will come switching over to private platforms for it. They forgot that these viewers have limited income and cannot afford luxury to increase tv budget even by little margin, there r other important priorities for them. Anyways i don't feel any sympathy for broadcasters, it is all doing of their wrong strategy.

Well connected to this itself what has surprised me is FTA movie channels disappearing completely from BARC Ratings. Having drop is understandable but i was not expecting to see all of them go missing from Top 5 standings more so in rural belt. Basis of my argument is this- when pay channels from Sony, Zee and Star r making presence felt in rural hindi movie ratings it means that private operators have considerable presence in these belts then how is it possible that channels like Wah, Anmol Cinema , SUM or Colors Cineplex r not getting eyeballs or even should i say much lesser impressions. All base packs have these channels and even on standalone basis these r lot cheaper to subscribe. Only reasonable explanation can be a drastic demographic gap between consumption pattern of popular and rerun channels , free dish universe has large presence/impact in both urban + rural belt thus throwing up interesting dynamics. Those having access to private platforms r not watching rerun channels bcoz they have access to latest content be it in entertainment or movie genre and this is where broadcasters misjudged causing this downfall. Now they r recaliberating strategy. Only exception is Colors Cineplex which despite fresh content could not match up with more powerful established players in mainstream segment hence met same fate as other free dish counterparts

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock