Star HD Channels Added on DishTv

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 79
  • Views: Views 18,889
Status
Not open for further replies.
drjf said:
Your statement 'Dish does not even have ONE TRUE HD channel' is not quite right.
DishTV has 'MOVIES NOW' having Full-HD and 5.1ch DD audio. !

Considering that their HD set-top box is not even capable of handling DD5.1 audio, as admitted to me by the technical Vice President of Dish TV himself, I fail to understand how that is even possible.

bprrkl said:
well Sanjay its not a dishtv bashing thread rather its a thread stating Star HD channels added to Dishtv. So kindly maintain the topic line.

Nor is my intention to bash Dish TV. I posted simply to educate and make aware those who are unaware of the fraud being perpetuated by Dish TV. What is worse, is that people who are actually aware, also continue to refer to the Dish FraudHD service as TRUE HD, when it truly is not. How can it be, if it does not meet the 'HDTV' standards set by the industry? As for maintaining the "topic line", I am on topic. Considering that this is a thread related to adding of a 'HD' channel, how am I off topic by pointing out that they have not added a TRUE (audio/video) HD channel?

bprrkl said:
Well Sanjay I indeed to do have a 5 channel HT system but Its just a general statement which I made.
Good for you. But now I am even more shocked, that you find a half HD service, satisfactory. Why would you settle for less than a FULL, TRUE HD service?

bprrkl said:
Well I don't have feelings and emotions for any DTH. I do understand all have good and bad parts. so if I 've selected any DTH I should accept the facts all and good and bad and then choose it. I used TS I am happy with it , D2h I am happy with what they give and even Dishtv what they give. No complaints with any DTH I have used so far :)

There is nothing personal about my feelings for Dish TV either. I have used SunHD TV, Dish FraudHD, TataSky HD & Airtel Digital all at the same time and now I have TataSky HD only. The reason being that I for one do not find it acceptable to be cheated and defrauded by a company that claims True HD, when it does not actually deliver it. The whole upscaling SD channels and marketing them as HD channels, is also a Fraud that I find unacceptable. In fact even the Advertising Bureau of India agreed with me and there are ongoing proceedings against Dish TV even right now.

Can we please stop using the term True HD. A channel is either HD, or it is not. There is no such thing as 'upscaled HD'.

PS: By the way, this is not to say that I am not frustrated with the lack of bandwidth at TataSky and therefore their inability to add more HD channels.

Bro actually frustruated with the addition of star hd channels. You don't educate our's. We are satisfied with dish tru hd. That's it.

sanjay0864 said:
drjf said:
Your statement 'Dish does not even have ONE TRUE HD channel' is not quite right.
DishTV has 'MOVIES NOW' having Full-HD and 5.1ch DD audio. !

Considering that their HD set-top box is not even capable of handling DD5.1 audio, as admitted to me by the technical Vice President of Dish TV himself, I fail to understand how that is even possible.

It IS there! I watch Movies Now connecting to my HT system and the DD5.1 works on it ! but only on Movies Now.

drjf said:
It IS there! I watch Movies Now connecting to my HT system and the DD5.1 works on it ! but only on Movies Now.

I will take your word for it, since I have not actually used their service in over a year now. Maybe they have changed something. But then, it makes me wonder why then would they not provide DD5.1 audio on the other channels, if they are equipped to do so that is. I am actually tempted to re-activate my Dish set-top box, simply to verify your claim. Maybe I will, if only for a month. Any ideas how much they charge for just a month of all HD channels and if they will activate on a month to month basis, without a long term commitment? My dish and set-top box are still in place.

For all HD channels except HBO HD Channels and Travel XP it would cost you Rs599. For Travel XP HD its rs 20 and HBO HD channels its Rs 69 extra.

bprrkl said:
For all HD channels except HBO HD Channels and Travel XP it would cost you Rs599. For Travel XP HD its rs 20 and HBO HD channels its Rs 69 extra.
Thanks for the information. These prices are extremely high. ₹688/- pm for 'half HD' (without DD5.1) channels is a rip off. I fail to understand why I should have to pay for the SD channels, when I have no interest in them.

ok fine brother. then its your own intrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock