Breaking Star India Disconnection Notice against Airtel

Star issues disconnection notice to Airtel Digital TV
MUMBAI: Broadcaster Star India has issued a disconnection notice to direct to home (DTH) operator Bharti Telemedia, which provides DTH services under Airtel Digital TV brand.
The notice has been issued for non-signing of the subscription agreement, non-payment of subscription fees and non-submission of subscribers reports.

However, Tata Sky MD and CEO Harit Nagpal had later informed that the two parties have more or less ironed out their differences and are close to signing the subscription agreement
:win::win::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bro what is there to become happy ??

Bro,last line does not mean that,channels will continue after fresh deal?? So that's why iam showing happiness,nothing else

Last edited:
About 11 years back when I shifted from analog to tata sky, we use to give around ₹300/month for that horrible analog transmission & today in about ₹250/month we are getting good quality digital/HD transmission.
So,i think tv viewing is the only thing which hasn't became that costlier in last 10-11 years.
You are the first guy that I heard paid 300 buck in analog cable.Nornally people used to pay max 150-200 bucks back then
Exactly we always paid Rs. 100 for our cable tv connection, roughly 10 years back. May be at the start we were paying Rs. 75. But once airtel digital tv was launched in 2008, we moved from the old cable network to airtel.

Last edited:
Exactly we always paid Rs. 100 for our cable tv connection, roughly 10 years back. May be at the start we were paying Rs. 75. But once airtel digital tv was launched in 2008, we moved from the old cable network to airtel.

Bro, in metropolitan cities, mandatory CAS was introduced around 2004 itself and it pushed the cost of cable tv connection from 120-150 to around 240-280, depends on the area. However, the services availed through CAS should be deemed as digital transmission instead of analog, though both are provided by the same local cable guy.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock