Breaking Star Network will be launching 15 Channels and shutting down 10 channels

Despite that Disney is shutting down most of its services and replacing them with Disney+, India gets a few new ones with the STAR Worlds being replaced with theme channels for terror and romance, that was something I didn't see coming honestly. Finally the UTV brand can be put to rest, looked like it never took off and thankfully will be replaced with more widely known marks. I wonder what'll Super Hungama air, more Fujio Fuji animes like Ultra B or Chimpui? I don't know if these animes have been blurayed yet.
Weird there are SD network launches when everything nowadays around the world is in HD.
Actually Disney ruined UTV. If not aquired by Disney and owned by any others it may still stand infront as country's leading film production, distribution, media and entertainment company. I loves its opening theme at the beginning of movies.

Actually Disney ruined UTV. If not aquired by Disney and owned by any others it may still stand infront as country's leading film production, distribution, media and entertainment company. I loves its opening theme at the beginning of movies.
Exactly. Disney treated UTV like a neglected child. No wonder why Ronnie Screwvala started a new production company called RSVP Movies.

And it is as awesome ad old UTV. Their movies were setting benchmark despite being not backed by most big stars.
And UTV also had an international movie channel named "WORLD MOVIES" at that time. They have aired so many classic and blockbuster movies from all countries in their original language with English subtitles. Also UTV Channels including hungama were included in Dish TV & Sun Direct's Starter Pack

Exactly. Disney treated UTV like a neglected child. No wonder why Ronnie Screwvala started a new production company called RSVP Movies.
Disney is a destroyer. They acquire everything. Suck out the juice and turn it to money making machine. Kills creativity and revolve over reboot, sequel and fairy tales. After that start stunting. Under former 20th century Fox, Fox Star Studios is very active and became a leading film production company in a shorter span. Whenever Disney came it also started walking towards the path of UTV. I think in future 20th century studios will also have the same fate. Even the studio is releasing so many movies, it became frosty in marketing.

And UTV also had an international movie channel named "WORLD MOVIES" at that time. They have aired so many classic and blockbuster movies from all countries in their original language with English subtitles. Also UTV Channels including hungama were included in Dish TV & Sun Direct's Starter Pack
World movies was good channel, it would have been more successful if the movies would have been dubbed in English instead of keeping them in original language

World movies was good channel, it would have been more successful if the movies would have been dubbed in English instead of keeping them in original language
But Actually "World Movies" is a property of Australian Network SBS. It was Under a franchisee/License agreement with them. But unfortunately when Disney Came to acquire UTV, the agreement with SBS terminated so the channel vanished.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock