Breaking Star, Sony, Viacom18, Zee and more join hands against TRAI

I think they will get a stay order and this will again become a long court battle

But I agree with this point..

“The broadcasting sector is the largest segment of the media and entertainment sector in India and contributes significantly to the Indian economy by creating employment, generating income and having a significant multiplier effect on the economy,”

“If Trai does not understand the creative sector and continues to micromanage it, this will lead to shutting down of networks, leading to loss of jobs,”

Premium channels need to spend lot of money on contents, rights, producing etc which don't all come from ad revenue. RS Sharma doing a mistake since 2019.. We will miss international game in future because of these.. Sony Sports don't shows ad frequently like Star Sports.. And people also don't like too much Ads..

Last edited:

“The broadcasting sector is the largest segment of the media and entertainment sector in India and contributes significantly to the Indian economy by creating employment, generating income and having a significant multiplier effect on the economy,”

“If Trai does not understand the creative sector and continues to micromanage it, this will lead to shutting down of networks, leading to loss of jobs,”

Premium channels need to spend lot of money on contents, rights, producing etc which don't all come from ad revenue. RS Sharma doing a mistake since 2019.. We will miss international game in future because of these.. Sony Sports don't shows ad frequently like Star Sports.. And people also don't like too much Ads..
And now they can price it anyway they want.

They can charge even 100rs for premium channels now.

This is good for broadcasters who actually make good content.

NCF should be reduced to 100 rupees for all channels.. Most Indian consumers spend about 200-250 per month. So you can't even buy all your favourite pay channels within rupees 100. (100+100+18%=236 rupees)

TRAI don't want to understand this matter. It's not all broadcaster's fault. They need money to invest. People who have money don't even watch free channels because of poor contents... For example I hate DD Free Dish channels. They are sucks..

NCF should be reduced to 100 rupees for all channels.. Most Indian consumers spend about 200-250 per month. So you can't even buy all your favourite pay channels within rupees 100. (100+100+18%=236 rupees)

TRAI don't want to understand this matter. It's not all broadcaster's fault. They need money to invest. People who have money don't even watch free channels because of poor contents... For example I hate DD Free Dish channels. They are sucks..
NCF can be lowered by DTH and cable operators as they wish. They have their own packages which give most of the pay channels in that region and cost around 200rs.

But I understand your concern.

PS: DD channels are free and don't count towards NCF channels.

NCF can be lowered by DTH and cable operators as they wish. They have their own packages which give most of the pay channels in that region and cost around 200rs.

But I understand your concern.

PS: DD channels are free and don't count towards NCF channels.
Yes. That's mean you have to take their curated pack to get the discount on NCF. And according to broadcaster's data, only 20% subscribers took from ala carte or bouquets. It's not a easy method for all people.

Yes. That's mean you have to take their curated pack to get the discount on NCF. And according to broadcaster's data, only 20% subscribers took from ala carte or bouquets. It's not a easy method for all people.

If only 20% chose from a-la-carte or bouquet, then it means everyone else is choosing DPO packages which cost less for more channels.
So, its easier for most people.

Yeah. I believe that TRAI shouldn't have reduced the bouquet per channel limit to Rs. 12. If that aspect is brought back, then TRAI regulations are completely needed...

If only 20% chose from a-la-carte or bouquet, then it means everyone else is choosing DPO packages which cost less for more channels.
So, its easier for most people.
Yes but the problem is. We are not getting all our favourite channel in cheaper curated pack.. Everyone's choice is different. I prefer english channel because of their content.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock