Breaking Star Sports 1 Tamil HD Gets MIB License

I am sorry Hits TV is trying to capitalise that classic market. Star World is just lazy airing same content. They had a premium channel which they manage to destroy it. It's typical Star. They took multiple good channels like FX and Fox Crime off air.
The Truth has been spoken. Star doesn't care about the English GECs anymore, so they didn't work for it and had to shut them down now.

Last edited:
Star World Premiere was doing just fine as premium channel until they decided to make it a regular English GEC. First channel that full adapted to airing shows within 24 hours of US airing at a time when broadband internet penetration was almost non existent. It was serving it's purpose. It would've succeed more if they had a SD feed of it as in 2013 many didn't had HD TVs and service provider carry HD channels. Meanwhile FX had different and better offering. There was so much demand for FX. They had to launch HD feed. They sacrificed both channels for the sake of more sports when most time their existing channels were airing repeats which will be the fate of Star Sports 1 HD Tamil as well. Fox Crime was turn into a rerun channel. Hence, failed.

If broadcaster doesn't offer new content. Why should customers be expected to pay? How are Viacom's channels making money? They offer something fresh every month. Even Zee is trying something new with Korean content. What is Star doing to attract viewers or generate revenues? They should now go sip coffee with Karan Johar. It's done and dusted.

Now waiting for them to pull trigger on their only successful GEC Disney International HD which they have cleverly not put under any bouquet.

Mistake was that SWP was launched as a premium subscription driven channel, if they had launched it as a ad cum subscription driven channel then it would have worked. HD only is fine for a channel having very niche affluent audience base. Star World was not handled properly at that point and lost viewers, they aired old shows on it and shifted new ones to SWP.

Viacom18 english gec chs r also not having much ads and sustaining bcoz of strong financial backing. Star / disney should have continued FX for popular content. Disney International HD will continue as it is for time being

I don't think it will come on dth platforms easily
Confused Virat Kohli GIF by Mobile Premier League

Yes, only possible if carriage fee is paid. New RIO not possible unless honourable court decision comes or broadcaster itself agrees to comply with NTO 2.0
It's not about NTO 2.0, Its about availability of bandwidth on all platforms,. some existing channels also awaiting for placement so.I think It's difficult to place on dth platforms though it's from STAR.

It's not about NTO 2.0, Its about availability of bandwidth on all platforms,. some existing channels also awaiting for placement so.I think It's difficult to place on dth platforms though it's from STAR.

But this channel will have huge demand as star/disney will promote it in big way. Bandwidth will b allotted either thru carriage fee mode or due to audience demand

But this channel will have huge demand as star/disney will promote it in big way. Bandwidth will b allotted either thru carriage fee mode or due to audience demand
Let's see, I am sure it won't come on our (AIRTEL) dth.
Tata sky only have possibilities as channel coming from Co owner.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock