Breaking Star Sports 1 Tamil HD Gets MIB License

Many Local Language Sports interviews and movie Promotion Star airing Every Week in All regional Sports Channels, Moreover Regional Sports Channels commentators are Retired Star Players, Even if you Compare Star Sports Regional Channels Social Media with Sony Sports Channels, Sony Sports Social Media Page engagement too weak comparing with Star Sports Regional Channels
#EurosInHindi and #EurosInBengali are also trending on top every night during Euro 2021. Social engagement means nothing. In that logic Premiere League should be Star's top priority. How many matches do they air every week? Do you really think high social media engagement translate to subscription revenue? In that logic Logan Paul should be making crores from Indian market in pay per view money.
I will not agree, watch Regional Star Sports Channels Contents you will get Answer, Sony Sports Audio feed strategy Completely flop, Audio Feed is Useful for Small numbers of DTH Subscribers, Large number of Cable TV subscribers don't know how it's working, overall Sony Sports Channels Completely failed in Audio feeds strategy
At first Sony doesn't offer regional for their regular channels. They have two dubbed channels like Sony Ten 3 and 4. Only live content has audio feeds. This seems pretty successful to me.

What's the point of Hotstar and social media if not have something different like interviews? Do these interviews cover local league and sports? Nope. It's just players speaking in their mother tongue. Apart from TNPL which is for Tamil Nadu. What local sporting event did these regional channel cover of their respective regions?

It will be interesting to see how Star affords a seperate HD studio for Star Sports 1 HD Tamil. When IPL double header match is happening. Second match doesn't get pre-show treatment until the first match is over as the studio is occupied for Dugout feed.

It will be interesting to see how Star affords a seperate HD studio for Star Sports 1 HD Tamil. When IPL double header match is happening. Second match doesn't get pre-show treatment until the first match is over as the studio is occupied for Dugout feed.
FYI, Hotstar streams the HD versions of the Regional sports channels. Check the WTC Reply for your doubts. Also, they do have separate studios for all the regional sports channels.
Just because Sony is doing something rediculously doesn't mean star is doing the same.

FYI, Hotstar streams the HD versions of the Regional sports channels. Check the WTC Reply for your doubts. Also, they do have separate studios for all the regional sports channels.
Just because Sony is doing something rediculously doesn't mean star is doing the same.
Alright, I wasn't aware about separate studios for regional channel. But had seen seperate studios of regional commentary.

Meanwhile what did you mean about Sony doing ridiculously here? Same pre-show across channels?

Meanwhile what did you mean about Sony doing ridiculously here? Same pre-show across channels?
That's what I noticed atleast on the newly launched SONY TEN4 on euro coverage.

BTW how do you expect them to do different pre shows when they are carrying multiple regional audio options on the same channels. They will definitely stick to English pre shows on regional feeds as well.

Last edited:
For example Star sports Tamil is having International commentator(Rusell arnold from srilanka) like this few International players from sri lanka speaks to Star sports Tamil in Tamil(muthaiya muralidharan) and star also sometims airs Fans view from ground(away matches)

Insights and analysis from Arnold in studio

Star sports Tamil experts and commentators are

1) Krishnamachary srikanth
2) Sadagopan Ramesh
3) Abhinav mukund
4) Badrinath
5) Hemang Badani
6) Sri ram(current spin consultant for Australia team)
7) Rusell Arnold(Sri lankan player)
8) Lakshmi Balaji
9) Yo Mahesh(latest addition) - excellent commentator
If its only about commentary...they can always use the language feed.

Atleast we are getting pre-show. Usually, they skip pre-shows for most events. I am not big fan of their strategy either. They should have bought the global rights of pre-mid-post shows. If Star had the rights they would have gone for full package.

If its only about commentary...they can always use the language feed.
They do different shows just like Star Sports does, leading upto the tournaments in those languages.

Thats the very reason I support Regional sports channels. Why shouldn't the people who want to view the sport in the language they want to watch with full coverage like pre, post shows and multiple programs leading to the tournament. Earlier they were only restricted to Hindi and English, why shouldn't they be in the regional languages if people want to watch them.

If no one are interested in the regional channels, how can one explain the success of SS1 Telugu, Tamil and Kannda? Because they are successful only they are attempting to launch in HD versions not vice versa.

BTW how do you expect them to do different pre shows when they are carrying multiple regional audio options on the same channels. They will definitely stick to English pre shows on regional feeds as well.
Why do we even need regional pre-shows on tv? It can be exclusive to Hotstar. They got regional GECs. Why not use them as it's for entertainment purposes? How many Indians does even care about expert analysis? Regional channels would've made sense if they actually covered regional sports as well. They are launching multiple sports for the sake of launching more sports channels. Sony airs Cricket, WWE, UFC and Champions League in Hindi and regional languages. When did you watch any Premier League Match in Tamil or Telegu?

Why do we even need regional pre-shows on tv? It can be exclusive to Hotstar. They got regional GECs. Why not use them as it's for entertainment purposes? How many Indians does even care about expert analysis? Regional channels would've made sense if they actually covered regional sports as well. They are launching multiple sports for the sake of launching more sports channels. Sony airs Cricket, WWE, UFC and Champions League in Hindi and regional languages. When did you watch any Premier League Match in Tamil or Telegu?
Yes they aren't airing PL, F1, Tennis Opens etc in Regional languages. Guess what even Sony won't that with these premium sports as they don't garner eyeballs.

Firstly, Star atleast started to air PL in Bengali and Malayalam, which was earlier exclusive to Select portfolio of channels. BTW, Star actually telecasts all the Indian leagues they own in the regional channels. Idk if u know there are league called TNPL which were airing in their respective regional sports channels.

BTW, I have many people complaining here for HD feed on PL on SS3 because they wanted to watch in Bengali or Malayalam. I don't know why Tamil or Telugu channels should be any different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock