Breaking Star Sports 1 Tamil HD Gets MIB License

BTW I have seen someone asking if each US state had a separate sports network? @iDJ bro I think it's you only.

Where do you think the concept of Regional sports network originated from? Have you ever heard of Fox Regional Sports Networks? or how many different networks Espn operates in the US?

The thing u said about the SAP Audio track for Spanish locals, I agree. But why do you think ESPN operates ESPN Deportes in the USA?

Yes they aren't airing PL, F1, Tennis Opens etc in Regional languages. Guess what even Sony won't that with these premium sports as they don't garner eyeballs.

Firstly, Star atleast started to air PL in Bengali and Malayalam, which was earlier exclusive to Select portfolio of channels. BTW, Star actually telecasts all the Indian leagues they own in the regional channels. Idk if u know there are league called TNPL and KPL which were airing in their respective regional sports channels.
I think Sony is now in a position to have regional commentary for all sports. They have recently started to offer commentary in multiple language. Earlier they use to experiment and leave. Let's see whether they will expand their commentar to other sports post Olympics.

Yeah, I accept those cricketing tournaments and those India specific events like ISL airs in regional channels. That's it though. Channel becomes a re-run channel when local live events are gone. I have never seen PL air on SS1 Bangla. Did they air every week or select match? And about Star Sports 1 Bangla. Most IPL matches were skipped. Only opening, semi final and final were aired in Bengali.

Yeah, I accept those cricketing tournaments and those India specific events like ISL airs in regional channels. That's it though. Channel becomes a re-run channel when local live events are gone. I have never seen PL air on SS1 Bangla. Did they air every week or select match? And about Star Sports 1 Bangla. Most IPL matches were skipped. Only opening, semi final and final were aired in Bengali.
SS1 Bengali is a lost cause now. My guess is they will be shutting down it soon and will utilising the license for some other channel.

BTW, Star has dedicated two SD+ HD channels for the premium sports in select portfolios. They are mostly covering many premium sports on Selects channels. We cannt blame them for not showing some niche sports on Mainstream channels.

BTW I have seen someone asking if each US state had a separate sports network? @iDJ bro I think it's you only.

Where do you think the concept of Regional sports network originated from? Have you ever heard of Fox Regional Sports Networks? or how many different networks Espn operates in the US?

The thing u said about the SAP Audio track for Spanish locals, I agree. But why do you think ESPN operates ESPN Deportes in the USA?
Yes, you got me there with ESPN Deportes. It's indeed created for Spanish speaking market. But Fox Regional Sports channels are a different thing. These are not actually language specific channels. It's meant to air localised content like local sporting and college leagues along with team specific events. It doesn't air same content across channels.

Yes, you got me there with ESPN Deportes. It's indeed created for Spanish speaking market. But Fox Regional Sports channels are a different thing. These are not actually language specific channels. It's meant to air localised content like local sporting and college leagues along with team specific events. It doesn't air same content across channels.
Yes. They are mostly region specific channels with other states have watch on other means if they want to watch them. Star had captailised on those markets with TNPL and KPL. They are now in a position to acquire any sort of local leagues or others if they want to.

However, currently IPL, Indian cricket matches and PKL are the ones generating revenue for them and they are managing them. Eventhough, ISL isn't a money grabber for them they had invested a lot in it and is allocating match time across channels to make it a main stream eyeball garner event. Without even trying to do anything no one can achieve anything.

SS1 Bengali is a lost cause now. My guess is they will be shutting down it soon and will utilising the license for some other channel.

BTW, Star has dedicated two SD+ HD channels for the premium sports in select portfolios. They are mostly covering many premium sports on Selects channels. We cannt blame them for not showing some niche sports on Mainstream channels.
Here's your wrong my friend. Star Sports doesn't sells a sports specific bouquet. It's expensive to buy all SD and HD channels. Their scheduling is inconsistent. Some Sports meant for Select Channels ends up on Selects SD feed, SD feed of SS 2 and sometimes SS 3. While HD channels are airing an year old highlights. I know it's impossible to air 10 matches at same time. They should make sure they atleast airs as much as they can when no live sporting event is on. 2 channels with simulcast feed or different feed isn't enough for premium sport.

I am tired and sick of explaining the need of Star sports 1 Tamil HD, not I am alone the day they launched regional channels except the receiver(Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Bengali) others always having problem!

Am I or you paying extra to star directly?, is Star sports 1 Tamil hd is included in other language packs? Star sports 1 Tamil is included only in tamil packs so not sure why others are always jumping and saying its a waste of launch

Here's your wrong my friend. Star Sports doesn't sells a sports specific bouquet. It's expensive to buy all SD and HD channels. Their scheduling is inconsistent. Some Sports meant for Select Channels ends up on Selects SD feed, SD feed of SS 2 and sometimes SS 3. While HD channels are airing an year old highlights. I know it's impossible to air 10 matches at same time. They should make sure they atleast airs as much as they can when no live sporting event is on. 2 channels with simulcast feed or different feed isn't enough for premium sport.
Most probably many people are subscribed through the language bouquets. All the language value packs have SS1, SS2, SS3 and SSF and Premium Packs have SSS1 and SSS3 as well. If you want just Star Sports packs then I cannt help you with that. They are putting their well performing GECS and Sports together to pull more subs. Thats their business strategy.

Sony can have only Sports bouquets as they aren't there any any of the markets in question.

Most probably many people are subscribed through the language bouquets. All the language value packs have SS1, SS2, SS3 and SSF and Premium Packs have SSS1 and SSS3 as well. If you want just Star Sports packs then I cannt help you with that. They are putting their well performing GECS and Sports together to pull more subs. Thats their business strategy.

Sony can have only Sports bouquets as they aren't there any any of the markets in question.
Problem is not that. Problem is you buy HD bouquet with all Star Sports channel. Than matches gets pushed to SD channel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock