Breaking Star Sports 4K And Few HD Channels Launching By Airtel

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, sadly our beloved and probably the biggest broadcaters Star always wanted to push us high end users towards digital platforms.

Bro, there is huge difference between providing live streaming of content via OTT and watching regular uploaded/available content. For live streaming there r huge challenges involved for a OTT platform in providing/maintaining highest quality streaming particularly for 4K content while this is not the case for just uploading/making available recorded content on a platform.

Did u even watch the video which was posted few days back as to why 4K sports live broadcast is a major challenge hence has not picked up in any majoy way even in other countries and has remained restricted to very few big ticket events , this will continue to be the case. Such content will feature more on OTT as on traditional satellite broadcast there r lot hurdles, expenditures involved and it is financially unviable to provide 4K live streaming over it. Here in India there is even bigger challenge when people do not want to pay more for premium services and ad revenue if opted by a broadcaster is not sufficient to earn good revenue or even recover investment. Also as i have said to reach out to premium / niche subscribers brands/advertisers prefer the OTT route

The kind of comments u r making against disney / star in various threads may be ur personal opinion but do not hold the test of actual ground reality. @Akash Solanki bro posted the information shared by disney-star with operators as to how to implement changes regarding shutdown/launch of new channels on 15 March which involved making curtain changes in satellite parameters / IRD boxes of respective new or current channels and thus there was bound to b blackout on existing channels as operators made these changes but u came out with very inappropriate comment "let monkey hold the pencil and do the work" against disney-star / operators and even compared this work to rebranding of channels done by Sony sometime back though both things r poles apart.

Similarly despite explaining in detail why Star/Disney shut down their English GEC channels and why running them became financially unviable decision still u made the comment in another thread that "In India broadcasters think only mass audience watch tv channels) without understanding huge difference in revenue model which is there for such channels in Middle East and India. Du is a telecom + IPTV provider in Dubai just go to their website and see at what price u get to watch TV Channels there ,,no comparison to India. As i have said Star World could have become a channel like Colors Infinity + Comedy Central but still if u they r also hardly attracting any ads as brands r preferring to spend money in buying ad slots on OTT / Digital Platforms than TV Channels to cater to niche audience, however as i have said Disney/Star should have given it one more try by airing mix of popular old/ new sitcoms or serials or reality shows which require less censorship and maybe it could have worked as people r these days facing OTT fatigue and look for good curated content on TV.....though if it had not worked then shutdown was only option

Also u r saying that ICC events rights went to "outdated broadcaster " and we know u r referring to disney-star which again is a very wrong comment to make. Erstwhile Star India under Fox and now under Disney have taken many steps in last 20 years to elevate the viewing experience for people on not only their sports channels but other channels too. There is a reason they r the biggest and most successful broadcaster in India. Having such large portfolio of channels, getting success and constantly maintaining the leadership position is a tough job. It is easy to maintain small portfolio of channels but immensely difficult to run/manage huge number of channels and it even requires a very balanced + well thought about strategy to bring the best of things across different aspects on all these channels

Vadi Bro give the good news to Tata Play subscribers by saying Star Sports 4k will be a permanent channel on their platform and only event based on Airtel.

PS - This is just wishful thinking.
Let me explain you this strategy. Star use to be #1 broadcasting company in this country. By shutting down it's english entertainment, english music, youth channels and is also currently looking forward to revamp it's only non performing music channel to just another re-run channel. They have become a glorified regional broadcaster. They are Sun Direct of broadcasting company. So do you really think they can afford to run a 24 hours 4K channel?

Bro, there is huge difference between providing live streaming of content via OTT and watching regular uploaded/available content. For live streaming there r huge challenges involved for a OTT platform in providing/maintaining highest quality streaming particularly for 4K content while this is not the case for just uploading/making available recorded content on a platform.
Yeah, that's basic information. So, what's your point here?

Did u even watch the video which was posted few days back as to why 4K sports live broadcast is a major challenge hence has not picked up in any majoy way even in other countries and has remained restricted to very few big ticket events , this will continue to be the case. Such content will feature more on OTT as on traditional satellite broadcast there r lot hurdles, expenditures involved and it is financially unviable to provide 4K live streaming over it. Here in India there is even bigger challenge when people do not want to pay more for premium services and ad revenue if opted by a broadcaster is not sufficient to earn good revenue or even recover investment. Also as i have said to reach out to premium / niche subscribers brands/advertisers prefer the OTT route
Which video? I don't recall watching any video. Please do share link to it.

That will be not the case. Even small time vloggers using 4K technology. People look forwards to upgrade technology not stick to outdated technology. When 90% of the World was stuck with CRT TVs. HD content was still be produced and made available.

How can they make assumptions without studying the market? People thought no no one will pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime as people paying for Internet felt entitled to content for free. But people are happily paying for a superior content and experience. Just look at the dabba broadcaster that think English GEC market is death. Yet, Viacom channels are dominating the genre by not only popular re-runs but constantly bringing fresh content to it's library. Even dabba broadcaster is experimenting in regional audience by bringing new HD channels despite knowing the market is minimal and people barely buys HD packs here.

Reactions: KGF
4K Resolution
I know and understand your point
But my main Focus point is free

Also 4k channel can be viewed on normal tv plus if you not have 4k support tv it's hardly any difference if it give hd output or 4k so my point is instead adtv push customer to buy xtream box they should do something for normal box users so that we also enjoy ipl for free

I know and understand your point
But my main Focus point is free

Also 4k channel can be viewed on normal tv plus if you not have 4k support tv it's hardly any difference if it give hd output or 4k so my point is instead adtv push customer to buy xtream box they should do something for normal box users so that we also enjoy ipl for free

Bcoz Premium users generate more revenue and hence Broadcasters or Operators sometimes do offer them such freebies. It is not upto Airtel Digital TV here but Star Sports must be providing it for free...if Airtel has a say in it then maybe in collaboration with Star Sports they will provide even Star Sports SD and HD free during IPL to its subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock