Breaking Star Sports 4K And Few HD Channels Launching By Airtel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kind of comments u r making against disney / star in various threads may be ur personal opinion but do not hold the test of actual ground reality. @Akash Solanki bro posted the information shared by disney-star with operators as to how to implement changes regarding shutdown/launch of new channels on 15 March which involved making curtain changes in satellite parameters / IRD boxes of respective new or current channels and thus there was bound to b blackout on existing channels as operators made these changes but u came out with very inappropriate comment "let monkey hold the pencil and do the work" against disney-star / operators and even compared this work to rebranding of channels done by Sony sometime back though both things r poles apart.
Monkey was not redirected to a person. I was watching this dystopian movie called Planet of the Apes. It was far too long and kind of scary too. Monkeys rising up against us human is no laughing matter.
Similarly despite explaining in detail why Star/Disney shut down their English GEC channels and why running them became financially unviable decision still u made the comment in another thread that "In India broadcasters think only mass audience watch tv channels) without understanding huge difference in revenue model which is there for such channels in Middle East and India. Du is a telecom + IPTV provider in Dubai just go to their website and see at what price u get to watch TV Channels there ,,no comparison to India. As i have said Star World could have become a channel like Colors Infinity + Comedy Central but still if u they r also hardly attracting any ads as brands r preferring to spend money in buying ad slots on OTT / Digital Platforms than TV Channels to cater to niche audience, however as i have said Disney/Star should have given it one more try by airing mix of popular old/ new sitcoms or serials or reality shows which require less censorship and maybe it could have worked as people r these days facing OTT fatigue and look for good curated content on TV.....though if it had not worked then shutdown was only option
Utter nonsense! It followed the route of Big CBS Channels which led to shutdown by simulcasting one same show Koffee with Karan all day long across 3 channels. Even one rare fresh show was airing on movie channels for crying out loud. Why don't they stupid experimention by simulcasting Anupama on Nat Geo Wild and Star Maa?

Also u r saying that ICC events rights went to "outdated broadcaster " and we know u r referring to disney-star which again is a very wrong comment to make. Erstwhile Star India under Fox and now under Disney have taken many steps in last 20 years to elevate the viewing experience for people on not only their sports channels but other channels too. There is a reason they r the biggest and most successful broadcaster in India. Having such large portfolio of channels, getting success and constantly maintaining the leadership position is a tough job. It is easy to maintain small portfolio of channels but immensely difficult to run/manage huge number of channels and it even requires a very balanced + well thought about strategy to bring the best of things across different aspects on all these channels
I agree with myself with this one. It went to outdated stupid broadcaster whose only job is too overpay for cricket. Provide mediocre experience. And cut cost by shutting down niche channels. In a market where Vh1 and 9XO were offering all kinds of fresh music. Nat Geo Music was airing same playlist for several years. In 2023 where History TV18 and Discovery are offering fresh shows and documentaries from their American counterpart and OTT platforms. Nat Geo airs mostly re-runs or stupid shows about snakes. For one sport, tv viewers have to compromise on their TV viewing experience. And get stereotyped to be a niche viewer. What's niche is thinking of it's management not it's viewers.

Which video? I don't recall watching any video. Please do share link to it.

That will be not the case. Even small time vloggers using 4K technology. People look forwards to upgrade technology not stick to outdated technology. When 90% of the World was stuck with CRT TVs. HD content was still be produced and made available.

How can they make assumptions without studying the market? People thought no no one will pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime as people paying for Internet felt entitled to content for free. But people are happily paying for a superior content and experience. Just look at the dabba broadcaster that think English GEC market is death. Yet, Viacom channels are dominating the genre by not only popular re-runs but constantly bringing fresh content to it's library. Even dabba broadcaster is experimenting in regional audience by bringing new HD channels despite knowing the market is minimal and people barely buys HD packs here.

Buddy, this is the issue. You do not read / understand the comments posted and then again ask same questions or make statements which hold on weak ground.

You r again bringing youtubers in this when i have already told same cannot be compared. Please read my post again.

All broadcasters do research and then implement their strategy accordingly. Viacom18 may be running English GEC channels but it is not having ads and subscription revenue i guess would be minimal too as few people will be opting for it and as such subscription revenue is not adequate to sustain such a channel even if it has more takers but priced so low. Also different broadcasters have different strategies and i have explained the reason in previous post. Star Sports Tamil and Telugu HD r viable and needed hence being launched, we have had many long discussions on this as to why it is needed and how it is viable while for Star Sports Bangla same would not be the case.

Paying premium fee for OTT and TV Channels is entirely different thing...people won't pay high amount for a English GEC channel to watch censored content and such content is suited for OTT....as far as having regular watchable content is concerned i have explained that it is not generating desired ratings or ad revenue. Also running OTT platform is lot less costly than running a TV Channel hence for niche content OTT is best suited to keep expenses under control and generate ad + subscription revenue alongwith providing all types of content. Also please stop using tags like dabba broadcaster

Reactions: RdX
I agree with myself with this one. It went to outdated stupid broadcaster whose only job is too overpay for cricket. Provide mediocre experience. And cut cost by shutting down niche channels. In a market where Vh1 and 9XO were offering all kinds of fresh music. Nat Geo Music was airing same playlist for several years. In 2023 where History TV18 and Discovery are offering fresh shows and documentaries from their American counterpart and OTT platforms. Nat Geo airs mostly re-runs or stupid shows about snakes. For one sport, tv viewers have to compromise on their TV viewing experience. And get stereotyped to be a niche viewer. What's niche is thinking of it's management not it's viewers.

You can continue having wrong assumptions and understanding of the matter buddy. :)

Without saying anything further, I would recommend those members who were inactive recently to go through the suggestions made in the DreamDTH Construction Discussions thread on Sunday. Whether or not they are implemented, please do take note why these concerns were raised. It is highly pertinent to this topic in order to prevent another battle of Disney Star supporters and opponents.

@dino29 @iDJ

Will Be Posting A Thread With Regards To Why No 4K Channels In India

Will Post As Commented By Broadcasters
Bro why delaying to add Star sports Tamil HD channel in airtel DTH?? When they will add ? We are talking with star sports 4K channel launching but we missed out which is already launched in other platform .. what happened to airtel they are not interested to add Star sports Tamil HD bro !??

Last edited:
Feel free to propagate more nonsense too buddy. 🙂
I shall continue to put forward honest,,balanced and constructive suggestions / comments / feedback to the broadcasters and in the forum which r based on actual ground reality, logical reasoning, research and analysis.

You can surely share ur views here though as i have said these are completely not aligned with what the true facts are....you are connecting the wrong dots and not trying to actually decode the actual rationale why broadcasters taking certain decisions.

Anyways buddy if u do not like Disney - Star channels or OTT platform u can surely unsubscribe them. I shall continue to watch them and so will millions of others as they r getting access to all their favorite content on it and Disney-Star is constantly improving on all aspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock